ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 ph1 speakers,

hi all, i'm planning on buying these jbl items for my car. it's a totally standard clio mk2 phase 1, 3 door i have.

front door
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto527-p-5122.html

For Parcel Shelf
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=GTO937

In Boot
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto-1202d-p-4235.html

will get wiring, amp, box all that stuff sorted later.

so what i need to know is what speakers to get for the ones that face the rear seat, weather to just unplug them and use the wire for the 6x9's or to upgrade them, if so which size jbl's to use????

and to double check that the front speakers will fit in the door, no need to mess about with sizes etc???

cheers
jonny

Civic Type-R
Do you have tweeters in the dash? If so I would get a set of components in the front and then change the ones in the back (ones that face the rear seats) for the speakers in the first link. Wouldnt bother with 6x9's personally. Would keep it looking standard, plus you wont need to cut holes in your parcel shelf.

If you dont have tweeters in the dash, I would go for the speakers in the first link in the front and the back. I would go for a 10" sub instead of a 12" one too as it will leave you more boot space :)

Oh also front and rear speakers are both 5.25" or 13cm

Just thoughts.

Clio 1.4RT
I would deffo go for components rather than Co-ax in the front. otherwise you'll end up with an awfully muffled sound cos all the tweeter noise will go straight into your legs and never make it out - fairly simple job to get the tweeters in - just have to whip out the dash, and stick them in the factory location.

FOR SALE!!!
if u want you can still have 6x9s with out cutting ya parcel shelf just do as i have dun
pics012.gif

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I would go for a 10" sub instead of a 12" one too as it will leave you more boot space :)

Size depends on how you want it to sound. A 10" sub is good for fast paced punchy bass to house music for example. 15" are more prefered to hip hop/RnB music because they are slower and longer bass notes (longer time wise). I've got that 12" jbl and i really love it, a good mix between the 10" and 15" and more supportive to a variety of music like I listen to, house, trance, garage, RnB, hip hop etc.

Also the type of box makes a difference, sealed boxes are more punchy because the sub moves back into place quicker because of pressure changes within the box, whereas ported boxes are slower due to less pressure change and give more bass. My sub box is sealed and I think its the best compramise and hits every note sweetly. A sub will take up a lot of boot space (mines nearly half) but I don't think you will see much difference between a 10" and 12" box. Oh and btw, a ported box will need more space than a sealed box.

Agree with above ppl, components in the front, co-axs in the rear.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I would upgrade the rear speakers (beside the seats) to a decent set of 13cm coaxils and forget about the 6x9s

J

JclioP

Someone who actually knows what there on about.
Its a miracle!
Cant stand peps who nothing and preach it!
Kept it simple for others aswel. Well in mate.