ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK2 PH2 1.5dci 65bhp - Air Intake Induction Hose/pipe split! Help?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello all,

I have recently purchased another Clio! Its a 1.5 DCI MK2 PH2 65BHP.

Looking in the engine bay, I noticed the air intake pipe/hose thingy has split, and seems the a'hole who had the car before me has used electrical tope to fix it! But its got huge holes in it! B*stard.

Anyways, went to eurocarparts and they said its Dealer only. Went on renaults site and its not there. Popped in to renault and parts was shut! Brilliant.

So then, a friend said I could get a 'better' pipe/hose than the original one, for about the same price.

looking online, I can only find induction kits etc, but I just want a simple pipe/hose ffs!!! LOL

I found this one on fleabay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breaking-Clio-1-5-Dci-Air-Intake-Pipe-/320720943576

Thats what I need, but can anyone suggest anything better?

Also, seeing as there is a huge gaping hole in the middle of the pipe and its sucking in hot air, what effect does this have on my engine / MPG?

Muchos gracias!!!!!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had this on my dci I bought the other week. Go on eBay and look for some flexible silicone hosing. It's about £6 for 500mm delivered.

Pull all the old stuff off and fit the new flex pipe using 2 jubilee clips. Job done and all for under £10.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Coolio, will give it a go.

Any idea on the exact thing you bought? Would be nice to have a tight fit and buy something thats been approved by you!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
common fault on all the clio 2 dci's, you struggle to find one thats not like that.

make sure you get a perfect seal if using a non genuine pipe at the bit that comes out the airbox as it makes the car very loud off throttle!

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Just ordered the hose off ebay :clap: Gouldy thanks for the link
I might re-route the hose to the fog light is that a good idea ???? :)