ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1 - 2001 Petrol. No power to fuel pump - Fuse?, Relay?, Diagram?

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
2001 Clio Mk2 Phase 1 - 2001 Petrol

This car sat for 5 years unused. I recently started it with a fully charged battery. It started after a few seconds. I drove it around the block for a few minutes. All was fine, except brakes need freed up.

A few days later someone else tried to start it but failed. I went to the car and found no fuel getting to the injectors, then found no power at the fuel pump.

I did not have any cable so could not send power to the pump to see if that resolved the issue. I plan to do that next time I go the car.

While not having a wiring diagram I did not know what fuse to check, but checked every fuse under the bonnet and every fuse in left side under dash - all OK.

I have read elsewhere that on "some Clio model" a relay powers fuel pump and coil pack. I will test power to coil pack if power to fuel pump does not fix the issue.

MY QUESTION
In the meantime, any help about possible blown fuse or faulty relay would be helpful as would a wiring diagram.

Note this has a very different fuse box / relay set up to the Phase 2. There is not a bank of relays under the bonnet at lH Front.

One other query. How do I get the connector off the pump. I assume I should press the metal strip on the side but it will not move. I have been reluctant to apply too much pressure where I should not.

Attachments

• clio-petrol-pump.png
    clio-petrol-pump.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 3

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Is the cut off safety switch OK ?

~ 1" button near the battery on the ph1s.

Press that - might solve your problem.... worth a go anyway.