ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio No More

S

seanaldo1987

Was driving home on Saturday night from Kilmarnock when i had an altercation with a flying black bin liner on the duel carrigeway.

The Result..........

DSC00121.jpg
DSC00120.jpg
DSC00117.jpg

and..........

DSC00119.jpg

This is what happens when you hit the central reservation at 60-70mph

The car is now sitting in a recovery yard waiting to be picked up by the insurance to be assessed, basically the car is a write off, chassie is twisted at front right where the majority of the impact was.

Only airbag that went off was the one in my seat as the impact was drivers side front and side impact, must've just missed the sensor under the front bumper.

Managed to get my pipercross viper off but the milltek system is gubbed underneath as the car bottomed out on the verge

extremely p***ed off but glad i'm ok

Never above 25mpg
Bugger. Looks like a it was a huge impact just in that small area!!

Glad to hear you're ok after that though.

S

seanaldo1987

well its just so happens that straight after the crash a recovery truck stopped by 2 see if i was ok, then i asked 4 a lift.

he asked what happen and i said nabout swerving to avoid a bin liner coming towards my windscreen....

he said that just before he saw me he'd saw a couple of bin liners blowing about the road and then saw in the distance a set of headlights pointing towards him, along with a set of hazards.

You can see in the 3rd pic that the front wheel is pushed right back in to the arch, bent the right chassie leg round

S

seanaldo1987

Woah thats bad - hope you were insured on your mods

the viper wasn't, so thats why straight after the crash i was under the bonnet with a screwdriver :eek:

exhaust was tho

still gutted about it, had got it dyno'd at dashfixer in glasgow just 8hrs earlier

max power - wheels............ 144.4bhp @ 6514rpm
max power - fly ................. 193.5bhp @ 6887rpm
max torque........................ 156.3lbft @ 5590rpm

just glad it happened this wkend and not next wkend as the car was due to go into k-tec 2morrow to get the timing/ aux belts done, performance cams and ecu remap.

Think i would've possibly been borederline suicidle if that had happened

So i have money sitting just now to get myself a cheap runabout til the insurance cough up

S

seanaldo1987

Does look f**ked :( You shaken up at all? Worked out how much insurance will pay out??

did get a bit of a fright, was fine straight after it but the next day my body was quite sore n stiff.

went upo 2 hospital to get checked over, had a wee bump on ma head and neck was a bit so but apart from that i'm fine.

have no idea wot the insuance will pay out. only had the car since november and payed £6500 for it

hopeful i get at least 5 for it but not counting my chickens as the car market is fuked just now

S

seanaldo1987

had just taken these pics the weekend before after giving her a wee wash

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

S

seanaldo1987

f**ksake mate :dapprove:

i suggest if your going down that part of the a71 heading towards Irvine before the dreghorn roundabout you take care as when i was driving to barry devlins yesterday during the day there was a lot of rubbish and s**t blowing about that part of the bypass.

f**kin b*****ds that dump there rubbish on the roads and don't get me started on the c*nts that are suppose to keep the roads free of rubbish :mad:

Static Low
I drive that road 3 times a week for college, didnt take it today actually cause a decided to go through the villages ! Thats fuckin rotten mate. Really sorry to hear about this !..

Thinking about it.. part of councils job is to clear rubbish from roads etcc surerly?? Havent done so. you have had an accident because of it..

S

seanaldo1987

I drive that road 3 times a week for college, didnt take it today actually cause a decided to go through the villages ! Thats f**kin rotten mate. Really sorry to hear about this !..

Thinking about it.. part of councils job is to clear rubbish from roads etcc surerly?? Havent done so. you have had an accident because of it..

exactly........... i pay council tax, income tax, road tax

and where the fuk does the money go....

into fukin lining the fukin b*****ds pockets :mad:

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

end of rant

koi

Audi S1
Looks worse than I thought, least it done it's job and kept you safe.

Hope you get a decent payout for it, any ideas on what the replacement will be?

S

seanaldo1987

Looks worse than I thought, least it done it's job and kept you safe.

Hope you get a decent payout for it, any ideas on what the replacement will be?

have no idea yet.

lucky i've got sum money sitting saved just now 2 get myself a cheap runabout til the insurance pays out.

was thinking about another 182, but this time i want a trophy, unless i see a 172/182 for a good price.

but i was also thinkin about goin bak to my veedub roots, will see wot happens

oh god mate i'm absolutely gutted for you

at least you are in one piece and like you say the cams hadnt gone in yet

possibility of a claim against the highways agency

320d
Gutted mate, with hindsight hitting the bin liner wouldn't have been a problem, however hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Chin up mate, as you said would have been worse this time next week.

You going to get another.

S

seanaldo1987

Gutted for yor you mate.

but can you explain how a bin liner caused you to crash?

well if you were travelling at 70mph and you had sumthing flying towards your windscreen would u take your chances?

chances are not, its all good saying you would have taken your chances but until your in that situation you can't comment.

It was the guy that stopped to see if i was ok that told me it was a bin liner, i just swerved to avoid whatever it was tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
S

seanaldo1987

always the benefit of hindsight tbh, you only get one chance to react and we dont know the situation

exactly thats a fair comment there, if i had know it was "just" a bin liner i would took the f***er out.

anyway............. s**t happens

its was only the car n not myself that got fuked

S

seanaldo1987

Gutted mate, with hindsight hitting the bin liner wouldn't have been a problem, however hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Chin up mate, as you said would have been worse this time next week.

You going to get another.

don't have a clue yet m8.

the insurance money will pay the car off so i'm back to square one again.

will see wot happens

sorry to hear this about your car

on the subject of claiming the council you can only but try but i would bet my last £ they will get out of it saying that they cant clean away what they dont know is there and that the bin liner could have only just blown onto the road

its like pot holes you can only claim for damage IF the pot hole has been reported and they aint fixed it within 2 days

the b*****ds have it covered from all angles

S

seanaldo1987

sorry to hear this about your car

on the subject of claiming the council you can only but try but i would bet my last £ they will get out of it saying that they cant clean away what they dont know is there and that the bin liner could have only just blown onto the road

its like pot holes you can only claim for damage IF the pot hole has been reported and they aint fixed it within 2 days

the b*****ds have it covered from all angles

tbh i don't think i'll waste my time with the council.
i've got more inportant things on my mind just now like trying to get another car asap aswell.

going to see a golf vr6 on saturday, i've always wanted one and it'll do me til my insurance money is sorted, and its cheap cheap :cool:

tbh i don't think i'll waste my time with the council.
i've got more inportant things on my mind just now like trying to get another car asap aswell.

going to see a golf vr6 on saturday, i've always wanted one and it'll do me til my insurance money is sorted, and its cheap cheap :cool:

looked at quite a few VR6's to use for a stop gap a while back and most were bags of s**t

if its for a cheap run about a 1.2 clio ect would be the best option would it not ?