ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio not starting?????

BG 182
all electrics working but not firing at all, then after a few goes it starts. starter motor? ideas thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
probably crank sensor. common as on renaults.

diagnostic check will point you in right direction.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
definately crank position sensor

mine packed up all together on saturday but after a good clean by a kind aa patrolman i was on my way but i was still advised to get a new one

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
motor factors will stock them yeah, too common for them not too.

I'd clean and check before u fork out for new one.

Does it make a slight click noise when you go to start?

BG 182
yeah comes from the glovebox area, all lights come on but no engine noise at all. where is the crank sensor located?

yeah comes from the glovebox area, all lights come on but no engine noise at all. where is the crank sensor located?

Exactly this happened to me yday, check the relay box in engine on right of battery and make sure they are in properly and make sure the starter motor wire is on properly.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
i thought it being the crank sensor it would at least try to fire or tick over? or would that be more of a coil pack/ HT lead problem?