ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio PH1 1.2

Clio
Well I've owned this for about 8 Months now and I've done a few subtle things to it:

These are:
15" BBS Exclusive Alloys
Dual Optics - with 6000k HID's :)
172 Rear Spoiler
Silvervisions
Clear side repeaters
Smaller Front Plate

Things to come:

Colour Coding
Lowering Springs (possibly)

First Pic has been HDR'd :)

DSC_0890_fhdr.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

Was it tricky doing the dual optic conversion mate?

Front plate looks good. Been waiting on a pic oh a ph1 non sport before i do mine.

Foglights next?
Ph2 Rear Lights?

Clio
Dual Optic Conversion is really easy buddy. The only thing the guide doesn't tell you is that you need very small female connectors, which are used for the smaller connector on a speaker.

Everything you need can be bought from Halfords.

Yeah a set of Ph2 lights is definitely on the list, they just make clio's look so more modern.

Clio
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I started colour coding my car yesterday, but I only managed to do the side strips.

I'll upload pictures in a sec

dsc0964.jpg

dsc0963wld.jpg

Last edited:
  Mental 172 Cup
nice pics mate! what do you use to merge/create your hdr photos?

will look good to see the update! :)

F56 MINI Cooper S
Thinking of doing my side strips too.

Does the colour match look spot on in the flesh? How many layers of primer/paint/laquer did you give? And, are the side strips easy to get off?

Thanks m8

Clio
Thinking of doing my side strips too.

Does the colour match look spot on in the flesh? How many layers of primer/paint/laquer did you give? And, are the side strips easy to get off?

Thanks m8

Yeah the colour match is pretty much spot-on to be honest.

The more layers of primer the better TBH, as the plastic is textured. However 4 should be fine, but make sure the primer you use is grey.

Sidestrips are easy too take off. Just push/pull them off. The door one comes away from the engine and the other one pulls off towards the engine.

Let me know if you need anything.

Also what springs is your car lowered on? I need to get mine done badly lol

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
will look awesome when lowered and colour coded mate ! really like the front plate too. p.m coming your way in 2 ;)

Clio
Right, I've got a little update for everyone.

First off I went out and bought some Phase 2 lights on Thursday. Secondly I've colourcoded my rear bumper.

dsc0984.jpg

dsc0983q.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks really good mate, how hard are you finding the colour coding? As summer approaches and more and more people are going for it and getting good results i'm getting ever more tempted.

Clio
Looks really good mate, how hard are you finding the colour coding? As summer approaches and more and more people are going for it and getting good results i'm getting ever more tempted.

TBH you have to be a real idiot to muck it up lol

Just go for it and you'll probably be really pleased with your results ;).

F56 MINI Cooper S
what sand paper did you use? ive got some 400 and 600 will this be ok?

How did you get the front and rear bumpers off?

Clio
Yeah that should be ok to smooth it down, prior to painting.

Rear bumper (PHASE 1 BTW) is quite easy to get off.

Firstly you unscrew the archliner from the rear bumper. This (the screws T20) should be one at the top and and one the bottom of the bumper.

Once you take the archliner off you can see a bolt (12mm), this has to be taken off with a socket set as there's not much space.

Then you take off the 3 (or 4) by the boot lid.

That's it really, pretty simple to be honest, however it's quite fiddly.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Did you sand the primer down aswell, or just the bare plastic before primering?

Also, how long did it take for your paints from paints4u take to be delivered? Thanks mate.

F56 MINI Cooper S
sweet, just got to get some higher grade sand paper to sand down the primer. Are you doing the door handles, or are they too much of a paiin in the arse?

Edit: ordered mine thursd night, wondered if they would be here tomorrow?

Clio
sweet, just got to get some higher grade sand paper to sand down the primer. Are you doing the door handles, or are they too much of a paiin in the arse?

Edit: ordered mine thursd night, wondered if they would be here tomorrow?

Yeah I might just leave the handles as I use it everyday, or I might buy a spare set and spray them.

Yeah they should be with you soon I reckon

BMW 320ci
Your cars looking fresh now mate :).

I've nearly finished colour coding mine.

When you getting it lowered? Thats what I wanna do next.

Clio
Thanks Dan :)

Get some pictures of your motor up on here.

I need to change insurance companies first, then I'm gonna get some Eibach Sportlines hopefully. I can't stand it being so high at the moment.

BMW 320ci
[NickW];5411632 said:
Thanks Dan :)

Get some pictures of your motor up on here.

I need to change insurance companies first, then I'm gonna get some Eibach Sportlines hopefully. I can't stand it being so high at the moment.

I know what you mean, mine are on 17s LOL.

BMW 320ci
[NickW];5412289 said:
LOL, I didn't think you had 17's, they look smaller than that.

I can't wait to get it done, lowering's the only thing left to do now.

What else you got to do to yours now?

Probably because there always dirty lol, need to give them a good clean up.

Erm lowering, fogs then probably interior seats, but I always seem to find something else to do to it though lol.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Probably because there always dirty lol, need to give them a good clean up.

Erm lowering, fogs then probably interior seats, but I always seem to find something else to do to it though lol.
Hi mate do you have an expression too? How do i go about putting in fogs?