ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio PH1 172

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
been on here a we while now, been on earlier for advise had a pretty negative response from most of the people so gave this site a wide birth for a while but i thought it give it ago again, hope the same dosent happen again. any way on with the car

well ill work was pretty flat out and managed to save a good bit of money so decided to but a car for winter/a daily, I didn't fancy the thought of anything happening to the 200

so I looked a round and viewed a few cars (a lot of dogs out there!) but settled on a Y reg ph1 clio 172, seemed very clean and we'll maintained so I bought it, had a few problems with the car before I even got home, the coil pack had started playing up so I went back to the person I bought it from he said he would fix it so no probls there, so after a new set of plugs, leads and a coil pack I finally got it home. But the problems didn't stop there once I got it home there was a massive puddle of water under it and it was overheating slightly, luckily it was an easy fix. Just chopped about 20mm of the top of the rad hose to get rid of the hole the leak was coming from and put it together with a system flush and new fluid and it was good as new
this was it after it's first wash
null_zpscf946f9a.png

the problems didn't stop there, on the road to work one morning last week the back box fell clean off the car so had to buy an exhaust ( good excuse to buy one any way) so ordered a Ktec supersport stealth system
null_zps39e56076.jpg

Had also ordered engien and gearbox oil just so I know what's inside it so this came in the post same day as the exhaust
null_zps1cf764a4.jpg

car sounds a lot healthier with this in it now so that's always a plus. Decided to take it to a mechanic friend of mine just to give it a once over to see if there was anything that needed done, the problems continue haha it needed a new front left track rod end front right wheel bearing and a rear left bearing! So the track rod end was done last night and the rest will be done next week

also so got as set of original F1 oz wheels with the car
null_zps662b6c14.jpg

Fitted these with toyo t1rs

at the weekend had time to give it a really good detail so here's some photos hope you like them
null_zpsb0a223f8.jpg

null_zps21a125f7.jpg

null_zps4c2820f3.jpg

The plans for the car are run it for about 2 years and slowly turn it into a fast road/track car and maybe get it preped for some hill climbs

i'm in 197.net most of the time but for those that dont know i have an AG 200FF with toyo R1Rs, sprintbooster gen2, 64mm TB, matched inlets, secondary de-cad, de-silenced, clio ph2 V6 airbox, ktec renflash with crackle map and H&R springs. RR is 191BHP with percentage loss its 197 before it was remapped
null_zps180c94fe.jpg

most recent photo i have of it :)

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
UPDATE

well not really had much time to update this with work and the knockhill night to sort out so a bit of a back log!

Firstly it had it's mot a few weeks ago and confirmed what I already knew really the shocked were buggered so I was on the hunt for a set. But first I had to sort out the crappy looking wheel, usual Renault the leather started to melt off and looked terrible so I bough a momo boss and an omp wheel from a friend of mine and the wheel was practically new! Looks 100% times better now IMO
Old
FA70F5D8-BB89-4DB2-A07F-9220853A2F36_zpss8jqwpom.jpg

new
6F226880-C4B9-4542-95A4-2C77B6063AF6_zps2tuoxfqo.jpg

I then re-restored my head lights as I still wasn't happy with them, so I found all the stuff you would get in the 3M kit and bough it all from my local car shop for a grand total of £3.50 and got to work. No before pictures as I forgot but you all know what a cloudy eroded headlight looks like
6FEFA703-97C0-409D-A2D6-640CCCA49891_zpsdfkkkz9g.jpg

looks much better in the flesh and I can really see the deference great success
and any one that is interested I used 600, 800, 1200 and 3000 grit wet and dry and used the 600 and 800 dry and then wet for the other two then polished it with Meg's plastx and ultimate compound on a DA polisher

On the to good bit!

i was just away to buy a set of Ktec coilovers when I seen a guy post in the for sale section on CS advertising GAZ GHA coilovers for £475 and these were well over what I wanted to pay but I knew these were a bargain and had to have them. And it saves me buying again once it's a more dedicated track car. So after a few emails I bought a set with 325 springs at the front and 225 at the rear. Really solid set up but not harsh and crash that you can't drive it normally on the road
This is what I reserved only five days after placing my order
916F0394-26C2-49DD-AB09-B1BF3165E818_zpsxr4sbkit.jpg

as soon as I opens the box I knew I'd done the right thing. Built quality was brilliant and both shocks are real weight items

here's a photo before modelled by the missus. Just to get an idea of how it sat before
FC795758-D87E-4A8A-B74F-CC0A34FD5F2A_zpscrjxkeqs.jpg

and then after !❤️
737F05C2-E204-47CC-98D3-E91713F33A48_zps06jnkvah.jpg

B686BE52-F8A7-4A8E-9A15-0F7E08B48851_zpsjmi8eesa.jpg

All in all couldn't be happier the way it handles and has turned out it's just on rails now and on par with the 200 now
Now to have some fun with it

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Both cars look great dude, swear I've seen the ph1 on instagram a few times.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
Cheers every one :) really pleases with the way the ph1 is taking shape and hopefully the 200 will have done shiny new GAZ bits soon

Phs1 172
That looks superb,i have just aquired a phs1 in the same colour, I've done exactly the same to my head lights aswell.

I'm after some stnd wheels though.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
That looks superb,i have just aquired a phs1 in the same colour, I've done exactly the same to my head lights aswell.

I'm after some stnd wheels though.

Cheers guy! I love the oz wheels much better than what it came with haha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The best thing about that car (apart from it being the best shape RS) is the plate! It's amazing!

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
Looks good. Needs 20mm spacers on front though

I was just thinking that this morning tbh. How is the handling affected? I'm not clued up on the mk2s but on the mk3s a lot of people seem to say it negatively affects the handling. I take it's the opposite fir these?

The best thing about that car (apart from it being the best shape RS) is the plate! It's amazing!

I never even noticed the plate till after I bought the car haha

A nice odyssey ph1 there mate

Cheers mate :)