ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ph1 Looking good?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ok....cant afford to get the bonnet resprayed so ive spent £8 on some wing mirrors to give it some sort of match?...What do people think.

101_0093.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Just looks like someone cant afford to get their bonnet resprayed, TBH.

Same as 'carbon'-wrapped bonnets, I cant help but think "someone must have keyed C*NT into the bonnet, and probably for good reason"

Which is a shame, because the rest of the car looks spot on!

Last edited:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Love the colour and paintwork. Ignore Goodj - he's a grumpy wee bear.

If you cant afford it - you cant afford it!!

I think you recognise it doesnt look good, but get it sorted!

Mec 350 slk manual
Ok....cant afford to get the bonnet resprayed so ive spent £8 on some wing mirrors to give it some sort of match?...What do people think.

101_0093.jpg
I am happy you put the picture up as I am getting a pair of wing mirror covers and a cup spoiler painted in a dark grey to match my wheels but I will leave the bonnet , what was wrong with the old bonnet ?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Old bonnet is steel....this one is aluminium....i still have the old one and i use it when we have snow on the road.

PH1 loads of boost!
You'd have been better off spending the 8 quid on two tins of blue paint at Halfords and Ed China'ing the bonnet so at least it sort of matched. Just looks like you've had a crash and had to find some second hand bits TBH.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you have the original blue bonnet, keep that on till you can afford to have the alu bonnet sprayed so your car doesn't look like it's had a front end shunt

BG Clio 182 FF
I'd rattle-can it. Can get a decent finish it the prep is done right - will look better than it does now anyway.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I think it looks ok tbh. As said though i'd put the old bonnet back on. Oh and why do you swap bonnets over in the winter?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
With snow on the ground and front wheel drive the steel bonnet puts more weight over the front tyres....better grip.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah and I think it looks ok tbh. But tell me and the interwebz that's not your reasoning the swapping bonnets.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Of course not....ive wanted the aluminium bonnet for the car for ages....and the only one/and right priced was this one.

Evo
It looks terrible IMO. Does the aluminum bonnet really offer any real benefits you'd notice? Apart from reduced traction in snow lol

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Everyone has their own opinion on here, and usually you can never win. I can see it making a very very small difference on the track but not on snow. It won't improve traction that much