ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio radio code possible import

Car  Golf GTi MkV
Does anyone know where I can get the code for my stereo from as the battery has been disconnected. Don't know if I can goto a renault garage, can you trust those code websites where you have to pay?

Thanks
 
have you got the service book? its normally in there. but if not PM me your vin number i can get to tomorro

Hi, I'm also in the same boat, I have the papers which came with my car (import) but no radio code to be found anywhere. The radio is working but I wouldn't know where to go if there ever was a problem. I wanted to put in some ipod connections but have held back in case it buggers the radio up! Is there a renault helpline which could assist? I have no objections paying, its just for peace of mind in case its ever needed. Thanks, Jean
 
it is possible to get new codes, but also to have the code facility removed from renault radio's. not sure how or why but it is!
 
hi I've got the same problem I've got an import and the battery was disconnected last week and now it needs a code. the one i was supplied with from the garage doesn't work and i have also been to Renault and they gave me the same code! i think the stereo is not the original one. is there any way of getting this code as i don't really want to use one of the websites only to e given the same code again thanks any help appreciated
 
my radio code was on a sticker in the main clio booklet. not radio book or service book as prev mentioned. looked there?
 
In my Radio book, written in hand is: radio code 1754.
You could try that.....

Has anyone tried looking on the radio its self by removing it..?

Sheer comedy gold :lolup:

hi I've got the same problem I've got an import and the battery was disconnected last week and now it needs a code. the one i was supplied with from the garage doesn't work and i have also been to Renault and they gave me the same code! i think the stereo is not the original one. is there any way of getting this code as i don't really want to use one of the websites only to e given the same code again thanks any help appreciated

I don't know what these "web sites" mentioned do, if they take the car's details and try to use some sort of Renault system to obtain the code then yes one would assume you might just get given the wrong code again.

If the radio's been changed you may be stuffed, I don't know if a Renault dealership can sort it out and try and get a code for a specific radio. If a garage actually sold you the car with a radio in that didn't match the code in the manual, it should be their responsibility to sort it out and fit a new radio if they can't get hold of the code, at their cost!
 
There is a sticker on the side of the radio with a sercurity number on it so renault can get the code for that unit from that
 
Back
Top