ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio, rear speakers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi i have a brand new 55 plate clio, but it dosnt have any rear speakers. i want to add some componenets cos i have heared 6x9s are s**t, were would be the best place be to put them, with the least amount of modification to the car cos of the warranty.

Thanks

your brand new clio doesnt have rear speakers?

take it back, because it should have!!

they are located next to the rear seats behind the grille.

All the brand new clios, despite the model will have rear speakers in them?

Clio 172mk2
yes , there located next to the drink holders ,

not next to the parcel shelf despite there been a grill there

just make sure the cross fade isnt on fronts only

Drink, holders? what drink holders? i dnt mean the brand brand new clio the crapy one which has just come out, the one that they were selling like 3 weeks ago. i dnt have any drink holders in the back. i cant see any rear speakers. im really worried now.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
backcover.jpg

This bit mate

they're not really drinks holders, but yeah... they pull off and they are behind there. Check your fader settings on the stereo if they're not working :)

Nike Lunar Elite's
Don't bother, rear speakers are generally crap and ruin the sound stage. Just pay the extra for a good set of components for the front, and make sure you amp them.

He's looking where the grills are on either side of the parcel shelf guys.

I have no speakers there too!

sory i just got the invoice out, it siase 1.2 8V authentique. And it defently doese not have rear spekers like that picture. is that normal

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i dont think those models came with rear speakers!!!

the authentique is the very base model guys. So he maybe right

Mazda MX5 1.8
i dunno on the renault site it says the authentique has:

2 x 15W RDS Radio Cassette with 4 Speakers & Fingertip Remote Control

edit: oh it means 4 front speakers

yeh it deffo has the 4 front spekers.

so i dont have to take it back to the dealer then? and if so, were would you recomand me installing new rear spekers, withough effecting warranty?

Nike Lunar Elite's
Who cares, don't bother with rear speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
if u dont wanna spend a fortune, or wake up everyone on every street u drive down with your subs and amps, all i have done, is add 2x 7x10 kenwood speakers to the parcel shelf, it can take the weight but bangs abit when im driving, the front speakers aint that bad for a standard stereo, there will prolly still be wires behind that back panel so just extend them to the shelf i you can, simple, cost me f**k all, just gotta get some decent speakers. not sure if this affects your warrenty.

ahhhh got what ur saying, awsome, i think i might do that. i already have front infinty comp but i want to get my rear sorted aswell.

thanks peeps

Monaro VXR
There 2 litre bottle holders! Putting drink is them baaaad especially if its a coke from mcdonalds some person in the back of the car forgets to drink.

But hey least she paid to have it cleaned after it leaked everywhere when i didnt know about it until 3 weeks later when i went to wash it and had a nice deposit of sticky cola over my seats and carpet. I wasnt impressed at the time though.