ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 197 Preorder/Car builder :)

Focus ST
Car +

Options:
Climate Control (includes Automatic Lights & Automatic Windscreen Wipers)£325Double Distance Xenon Headlamps and Headlamp Wash (includes Dedicated Cornering Lights with black headlamp surrounds)£500Electrically Folding Door Mirrors£1004 x 40W Cabasse RDS Radio with Front Loading Dashboard Mounted 6 CD Changer£350Extra Tinted Rear Windows£200

Comes to £17,470.00

Mmmmm.....interesting.........

SLK 350
Aye i just priced up a 172/182 FF spec and your looking at £17,150!!

Better be able to get good discount on that, cause that price is hidious (not that i'd think of buying one anyway, prefer a Meggy 225 cup/trophy and 2k change).

Focus ST
MMMmmmm Meggy 225......

Startin to grow on me a little. Still don't like the back thou.

When doin over 100 mph who cares....... ;)

R

rich[182]

Mmmm the pics of the 197's at the top of the page at above link def look much lower than any previous pics ive seen, look much better imo

VRS
too close to meggy price for me!
id prefer to get a meggy and stick a remap on it rather than spend loads on squeezing a few brake out of a 197

Elise/VX220/R26
17 and 18 k feck me dont forget that once imports kick in depreciation on a hatch of that price is going to be record breaking, crazy pricing IMO why on earth would anyone buy a 17 grand clio when you can have a new meg for under 15k??? Could the 197 be renault biggest flop for a while? They better be praying for nothing less than 5 star reviews

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I agree that it is too close to the Meggy price bracket. People will just opt for that one..

Tyson.

ICE'dberg MK2 172
Thats why I'm thinking about a Meggy too!! FF225 + CUP Chassis+Xenons+Recaro's £16499.... no contest

Octavia VRS
I'm more tempted by a 225 as well tbh - you can get a new Cup version for less than 14k on some sites!

MY04 Scooby STi
Gweebs said:
Car +

Options:
Climate Control (includes Automatic Lights & Automatic Windscreen Wipers)£325Double Distance Xenon Headlamps and Headlamp Wash (includes Dedicated Cornering Lights with black headlamp surrounds)£500Electrically Folding Door Mirrors£1004 x 40W Cabasse RDS Radio with Front Loading Dashboard Mounted 6 CD Changer£350Extra Tinted Rear Windows£200

Comes to £17,470.00

Mmmmm.....interesting.........

Id still rather have my ff 182 for far less money

Ad

MK2 FRS
jonnyboy said:
17 and 18 k feck me dont forget that once imports kick in depreciation on a hatch of that price is going to be record breaking, crazy pricing IMO why on earth would anyone buy a 17 grand clio when you can have a new meg for under 15k??? Could the 197 be renault biggest flop for a while? They better be praying for nothing less than 5 star reviews

Only thing i would say is that, the 2004 plate meggys, people paid close to 20k for to start off with. But look at prices now. I think once the intial batches have gone out to those wanting to be the first, then the price will have to drop, otherwise it will be rare to say the let.

The list pice is simply too high, id expect people to be paying 13.5k. But would be still to close to a 225cup for me.

The Tube
It's like anything though, if you want to be one of the first to own a 197 then expect to pay a premium, if not then wait a few months until the dealers decide to make massive discounts on them.

dk

911 GTS Cab
jonnyboy said:
imports aren't that big a business anymore, its mostly 'bulk buying' discounts passed onto the consumer with sites like lloyds carselect etc.

Ad

MK2 FRS
dave182 said:
imports aren't that big a business anymore, its mostly 'bulk buying' discounts passed onto the consumer with sites like lloyds carselect etc.

pricinple is still the same, but i see your point. When the discounted ones come out, then they will definitley feel the hit.

Lee

BMW M2C
Rich said:
Im shocked old man, going to be the first on here with a 197 then is it then ;)

I'm in no real rush. A lot depends on what happens at the end of this month when the car gets it's 12k service and various other bits sorted.

Clio 182
jonnyboy said:

Whats with all the talking up off the meggy 225 on here lately!?
I think most of you have forgotten it got absolutely slated by the press in its early days, hence no fucker buying it, hence the big discounts :S

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dan_mk1 said:
I think most of you have forgotten it got absolutely slated by the press in its early days, hence no f**ker buying it, hence the big discounts :S

read the latest edition of evo!!!!!

The thing is in its early days it was golf GTi money, now they are 5k less than a GTI, for those who didnt like the original set-up the cup packs seem to transformed it.

Clio 182
Well we've just had a guy who wanted to px a meggy for an Astra VXR, we couldnt even get bid on the meggy by any local renault dealers...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Reno has made the decision for me. Like for like, I would much prefer a Meg 225 than a 197. But again, pricing is the key issue. A black gold 182 at Reno Bury was up for sale at £16,500, then I went and bought the same car (admittedly without sat-nav) from CarSelect at bang-on £12k.

The 197 has a lot of convincing to do if I'm going to like it....

D.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dan_mk1 said:
Well we've just had a guy who wanted to px a meggy for an Astra VXR, we couldnt even get bid on the meggy by any local renault dealers...

the main reason for that seems to be the fact that there is a big gap between retail and private values.

Although AC in wigan have sold 3 in the last month so the market is there.

133/225/CLS AMG
Dan_mk1 said:
I think most of you have forgotten it got absolutely slated by the press in its early days, hence no f**ker buying it, hence the big discounts :S

You might find some people on www.MeganeSport.net who have an alternative view on that mate!!! lol