ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 200 - Cup or not to Cup?

peugeot 205 Gti
I know many people have asked this question,
I'm getting a Clio 200, and I'm really not sure whether to get
a Cup or not. I know the suspension percentages and how much lighter they are,
and I would love to get one.

But I don't think it would benefit me in anyway, I won't be using it for
track days and i live in the most remote place in yorkshire (which roads are not looked
after i.e POTHOLES).

I've just sold my audi a1 1.4tfsi 185bhp and that was on 18inch alloys with 225/35/18
and that had the upgraded suspension and just wasn't good for where i was driving it...

Can anyone offer any advice, too cup or not?
Cheers :cheers:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ideally you want a Clio 200 with Cup pack- not a clio 200 cup as you lose all the toys-

Clio 200 CUP has no spotlights, No keyless entry, No Climate- but has the cup chassis as standard-

The Clio 200 FF has all of the above & you want the added options cup chassis - + recaros really.
Other spec to look for-
Cup or GT spoiler
Monitor
Electric folding mirrors
Projector headlights
Speedlines
S

peugeot 205 Gti
Ideally you want a Clio 200 with Cup pack- not a clio 200 cup as you lose all the toys-

Clio 200 CUP has no spotlights, No keyless entry, No Climate- but has the cup chassis as standard-

The Clio 200 FF has all of the above & you want the added options cup chassis - + recaros really.
Other spec to look for-
Cup or GT spoiler
Monitor
Electric folding mirrors
Projector headlights
Speedlines
S

Cheers For that, One that I'm looking at and went to see on saturday had,

keyless entry
climate control
Cup spoiler
speedlines.

Lovely white with black roof. Would love to get one with recaros, but struggling to find one that
has a nice low milage and not a fortune. not so bothered about the cup spoiler because could easily get
one of them and paint it through my work.

Love that Renualt green, is that a special edition or just a special colour?

cheers

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have a 200 Cup - It's perfect for what I need.

Keyless entry.. Not hard to press a button to unlock, I'll live.
Don't have Climate control, I have Air Con. That I have never used.
I have a Cup Spoiler
I have Speedlines
I have Recaro's
I can manually fold my wing mirrors in
RS Monitors are rare, very rare, so GL with that one.

Cups are fine, cheaper too :)

E92 325D
Less plasticy interior and the fat steering wheels makes the 200. I thought the steering wheel on the cup model was dire in comparison

Clio 200
Try and get a Full Fat 200 which is the best of both worlds. The cup chassis really isn't too harsh unless driven on really bumpy roads at slow speeds:)

Other spec to look for-
Cup or GT spoiler
Monitor
Electric folding mirrors
Projector headlights
Speedlines
S

What does the monitor display on the clio? Not as much as the Megane is it.
I've read it's a plug and play job? As easy as swapping the screen out. Any idea of this?

The cup chassis is very skittish. Great on a smooth road but we know they are few and far between.

Saying that I'm sure I'd miss the turn-in if I didn't have it.