ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio rs 200 IMPORTANT

hello everyone.
please need answer as quick as you can!
I think about buy a car and i thought about rs 200 mk3 203HP(2011 ON road 2012)
i saw many issues about few things and the thing that looks the worst problem is the gearbox.
1so that gearbox is that weak and has common problems?
2you guys reccomend this car and its pretty reliable car that i can trust and no worry?(this question is asked only if the answer for 1 is "NOT COMMON"):D
thanks!

E92 325D
Yes the gearbox is a common problem. Usually covered under warranty as Renault accept its a fault. If out of warranty they will put a contribution towards it.

Reliable? To an extent. Some have put thousands of hard miles on them without an issue, others are riddled. Just hope you get a good'un.

wow... i think ill stay away from it...
please keep comments
by the way if they change gearbox under warranty they put same gearbox or better one?

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
wow... i think ill stay away from it...
please keep comments
by the way if they change gearbox under warranty they put same gearbox or better one?

I haven't (touch wood) had any issues with my gearbox (2012). I think it often depends on how sympathetic the driver is.... But there is no doubting that it isn't the strongest of boxes.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
15k on mine. 12 months old and no issues so far.

I've got a four year warranty on mine though.

Hit and miss IMO , like every single car with every single problem some cars have the problems Some dont, depends on how they are driven but even then the softest drives (like me) still have things brake!

Imo they are no less reliable than any other car if looked after !

Clio RS200 GW
I have had no problem apart from a door seal with mine since new Dec 2009, trouble is your read threads and assume every car is that yeh there is an issue but there are issues with ferraris don't stop people buying them.

Clio RS200 GW
Hit and miss IMO , like every single car with every single problem some cars have the problems Some dont, depends on how they are driven but even then the softest drives (like me) still have things brake!

Imo they are no less reliable than any other car if looked after !

​This ,

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Mines 57 plate 197, 67k on clock and no 'box issues to date. Pretty cheap fix if it does go out of warranty to be honest. Don't let it put you off buying one of the best hot hatches ever.