ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS Cup Racer Hubs

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
Hi all,

Just to clear up really, are the Renault Laguna 2005 front hubs the same geometry as the Clio Cup Race car items? eg. Top two bolt spacing, distance from bottom ball joint to the inner face of the wheel bearing... I know that the centres will need pressing out and the clio ones pressing in.

Also has anyone pressed out the ball joint part of the bottom ball joint before?

Josh

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
No mate they're different. You want mk1 laguna hubs that are off a 2.2d. They're the same as the cup racer hubs apart from where the steering arm attaches. The cup racer hubs had an insert that converted the taper for the track rod end so it was the other way round. This is mk2 Clio cup racer your asking about isn't it?

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
Thanks for the info.
Yeah its the Mk2 Cup racer I'm on about. I am using the 172/megane hubs at the minute and looking to change the roll centre and noticed that the base of the hub is longer from the bearing centreline.
Do you have an example of the spacers for the track rod ends?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
sorry for bringing this thread to life again but does anyone know where to get the spherical bearings for the ball joints about??

had a look online and r-sport no longer stock them.... ERIKS are away to check their catalogue LOL

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Pure motorsport should be able to get some for you, the original ones were by Uni-Ball as far as i know, that is what was fitted to my car when i got it anyway.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Pure motorsport should be able to get some for you, the original ones were by Uni-Ball as far as i know, that is what was fitted to my car when i got it anyway.

superb mate! thanks very much... ive had a good look about online but they appear to be a unique size...

don't suppose you have any of the sizes to hand do you?? would save me stripping the car again just to measure them haha

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Schaublin made the original bearings iirc. I got aurora replacements with a teflon liner for about £35 a bearing. Any decent bearing shop will be able to supply them. SS16 is the original part number that they can cross reference @Michaelfoz

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Schaublin made the original bearings iirc. I got aurora replacements with a teflon liner for about £35 a bearing. Any decent bearing shop will be able to supply them. SS16 is the original part number that they can cross reference @Michaelfoz
gentleman! i'll get back onto eriks this week and if i have no luck then I'll give you a message :)