ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS vs CTR - which is fastest

clio 182 FF
im surprise this isnt locked yet lol

btw clio is better in the twisties but I want my CTR back it's a better car :quiet:

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Errr... cook them in the deep pan, then wrap bacon round and put in the oven for 20mins.

sorry whats the question?

Some of you spanners crease me up.

1/ The search feature sucks and often crashes the site.
2/ The OP wants a discussion, not necessarily to read one from 8 weeks ago.

If you're not interested then go read a thread about potting sheds in the general forum, and the leave the OP to discuss with people who are bothered. Just because you might have had this discussion 100 times, does not mean everyone else has. There's nothing sadder than moaning about threads in a thread on the internet because it bores you ;)

Clio. CTR is like playing Gran Tourismo. With the force feedback switched off.

If you're not interested then go read a thread about potting sheds in the general forum, and the leave the OP to discuss with people who are bothered. Just because you might have had this discussion 100 times, does not mean everyone else has. There's nothing sadder than moaning about threads in a thread on the internet because it bores you ;)

Is Gran Tourismo some cheap arse copy of Gran Turismo? ;)

Honda Civic Type R
you'll be lucky. lets face it, this topic will never end. someone new will always come along and ask the inevitable question:dead:

p.s agree with the above. they're the same...ish

how are they different? which handles best in the twisties?

i'm not sure what you mean by this. i said they're the same and you're asking me how they're different. i meant they are the same in performance. and yeah i concede, the clio probably is a bit better handling but a well driven type r will beat one. (once you learn that there's no feedback from the steering wheel so you have to just get used to it)

how are they different? which handles best in the twisties?

i'm not sure what you mean by this. i said they're the same and you're asking me how they're different. i meant they are the same in performance. and yeah i concede, the clio probably is a bit better handling but a well driven type r will beat one. (once you learn that there's no feedback from the steering wheel so you have to just get used to it)

I agree, the CTR is probably ultimately slightly quicker on some roads from point to point, but isn't feedback and driver involvement supposed to be the whole point of a driver focused car? "getting used to it" (CTR streering) is all well and good, but the choice goes to the Clio because of it (for me) :)

Honda Civic Type R
yeah fair point mate. having driven my mates 182 I can see that it is more fun and chuckable. i personally don't think the engine and gearbox is a patch on the CTR's though and thats what swung it for me. both great cars and very quick but like everything that novelty soon wears off. my mates 182 feels slow to me now and so does a standard CTR.

Peddled device
Don't know about the CTR but l do know that my 182 Cup is quicker than my old Y plate XR3i......and the Cup has electric windows!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
ive had both 182 and ctr, and found the ctr a tiny bit quicker, and to be honest it would be undetectable by most. 182 is more fun though. and for reliability, the ctr is the only car i had which broke, it had to have a full engine rebuild at 6,000 miles because of a flat valve. granted, it was prob just 1 in a million engine, but still. interior build isnt any better than the clio neither. however, one ace card the ctr has, is that it depriciates less.

PH1_172
ive had both 182 and ctr, and found the ctr a tiny bit quicker, and to be honest it would be undetectable by most. 182 is more fun though. and for reliability, the ctr is the only car i had which broke, it had to have a full engine rebuild at 6,000 miles because of a flat valve. granted, it was prob just 1 in a million engine, but still. interior build isnt any better than the clio neither. however, one ace card the ctr has, is that it depriciates less.

Wow a type r engine going wrong is very rare, the ctr used to depriciate less but now the new is due out early this year they will go doen in price you can pick them up for £7k private now so give it a year

I love you. lol.

Your right about the search function. I ran a quick one before posting this thread and it kept crashing so I thought the easiest thing would be to just put a new thread up. Also this will be up to date so im guessing a few more people may have experinced both cars and so could give me a few more opinions.

Oh and to the guy who asked me if i like racing blue - Yes I love it just as much as yellow - but the only thing thats making me go more for a yellow one is that they are slightly rarer and if i get one i'll prob give it lashings of carbon fibre - vented bonnet, rear spoiler and I just think the carbon colour would suite the yellow a bit better.