ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS250

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
There's no hurry, please come back to me next year if still interested. I'm thinking about new project but not decided as yet. If anyone's in the Manchester area, more than happy to offer a test drive. Be careful though as you'll end up buying it, 340 torques is so additive.....

I can imagine what this is like, My Megane is running the same power/torque and thats pretty brisk so in something that weighs 200kgs or so less it must be a laugh :)

I bought my Cat C toy as it allowed to use it as a big Meccano set without worrying about losing money. Yep frowned on and whispers 'litchy's is a cat C you know' but always enjoyed it because no issues of warranty or finance. Next project will be exactly the same. Mine doesn't sell, it will be in my garage cause I can't replace it for the price I'm selling it for. Also the alternatives cost 3x more but aren't 3x more fun. Whether it's worth it.....I'm selling for 8.5k. The conversion cost 6k so I'm selling my car for 2.5k with comps and kW club sport.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I've wanted it as soon as it appeared on the Megane forum, Always wanted a Meg powered Clio after seeing one at the Ring going very, very well.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Do me a deal on with one of my track cars mate, I've sold my LY before I even drove it

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Looks awesome! Best of luck with the sale! Hope it goes to someone who will look after it. Hurry up @Gears you know you want it!!! Even has projectors for some HID's.

Looks awesome! Best of luck with the sale! Hope it goes to someone who will look after it. Hurry up @Gears you know you want it!!! Even has projectors for some HID's.
went off the HID idea, heard the heat makes headlights to "murky", but yeah i will be keeping my eye on this and hope i can get my s**t sorted intime before this sales. looking at 6 months roughly.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
went off the HID idea, heard the heat makes headlights to "murky", but yeah i will be keeping my eye on this and hope i can get my s**t sorted intime before this sales. looking at 6 months roughly.
Nope. Maybe if you get 55W mental ones, but standard 35w ones are fine or else noone would use them (renault included in their Xenon's IIRC!)

Just read through everything, THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!

When you say conversion cost 6k is that everything including parts and labour?

Love how everything is colour coded!

No update. I'm thinking about more power. RST hybrid would be nice but that's another £1000 plus mapping. That would push it to 340+Bhp. Bit much for only 20bhp and I'm already at the upper limits of the torques. I need to look at sorting the front brakes. Going to go with PF's again. I've started to build 3' exhaust system. I can already see the benefits to this......

Reactions: Chi
Bad weather looks behind us, so let's see what we can do with the Cat C turd this season. No more power I don't think unless I can fit a booster controller. 350 torques just makes it impossible at times to get the traction down. That aside, superb mid range pull though. I think although mild, an operative VVT would be a good addition. I think i'll be fitting a oil cooler also.....got some recon PPF's and upgrade the pads. I've seen some improvements in fitting the 3' link pipe and centre section so just the rear section to complete....

Thought I recognised the car:
e0b2297a9f574044f187e8861b451cf7.jpg

Like the bonnet.

Hybrid fitted and great addition, just need new map. Found some PF brakes, just need some pads. Bonnet fitted, just needs painting LY or Gloss Black. DMF and clutched changed too. Need to update things like brake lines and mounts. Would also like Rs gearknob. Hopefully all done for Cliosport day.....

Here's another pic of new bonnet......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 328
Need to look at the exhaust, the supersprint flows to around 230 so clearly the smaller pipe is going to be restrictive. Need to consider selling the rear cans for custom 3' rear section.

Reactions: Chi
Expensive few months but it's nearly all done.
Hybrid
DMF and Clutch
both Driveshafts
Belts done
Bonnets with vents now painted
Dimming Rear view mirror finally wired in...

Just leaving me needing a full set of tyres. Must admit, bloody thing is driving superb. What's great about the project is there's still so much scope for more improvements.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Bonnet and vents painted. A bit marmite but it's a spare so can go back to original bonnet if need be. Must admit, it's growing on me and better in the flesh and in fairness, it's more about go than show in keeping the under bonnet temps down..

Ummmm

No comment!

Still bloody love it though mate. No plans selling it?

Lol. Like I said these Meg 250 conversions generate some heat so was more about that than the asthetics tbh. Will def get mixed reactions but I like that as that's what project cars are about for me.

Always open to offers!!!!

8.5k buys. I've seen an E39 M5 so need to move on. Just spent over a 1.5k on belts, dual mass and few months ago an hybrid. Just got 12 months MOT too. Trip to RST and £300 later you'll now see 330bhp and 350 torques....

Clio still here, no current takers at 8.5k I guess due to it being registered which I can understand but equally it's easily 5k in parts alone not to mention fitting for conversion....anyway project therefore continues.

Fitting Meg Rad today. Interestingly when you compare the two rads, I'm not surprised there have been a few head gasket issues with conversions running hot. Must be 2-3 litres difference between the two rads. Then there's real issues with flow because of the configuration of the Meg pipes, there's issues with the location of header tank, the bumper on Clio is more restrictive in letting air in, the inter cooler blocks the rad and the car really struggles with dispensing heat which isn't helped with the smaller engine bay, the list goes on.....

It's funny cause unless you have a scan gauge fitted you'd never know how hot it's running cause the mark registered on the standard temp clocks is the same at 75 deg as it is at 107. Those with the conversion flying around the track with the needle half way, that will be around 115 deg.

If you running 300 bhp, be careful....back to work.

It looks nice, but im not suprised someone hasnt offered you 8.5k at this time of year and in 6 days lol...

Have you advertised it properly??

Lol. I hate selling stuff in general but did the forums and FB. Had some initial interest and offers but gonna wait till the start of show season and RR days to advertise it.

If you cant be bothered to put some effort in, then you will have to wait a while lol

You could try pistonheads/autotrader..

But anyway glwts

Not about effort, it's more the timewasters, test pilots, offers to buy parts on the car, low ballers and the list goes on....

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I bloody love it and would have probably given you a call about it had I not just went for a Meg 275 lease. Such is life

Clio 197,with megan'
Do you still have the car, if so interested in P/X for R26 running 288/308?.
Young Wilson sold it to Glen3, who sold it to me. When I got it, it went into limp mode at higher revs, torn Recaro,bald tyres, bonnet pull broken, and many other little niggles,which was a shame for such a potentially great car. I checked map, and it was a standard 250 map, put on it, to cure limp mode.( It Didn't!.)Now, having had new air con pipes,Radiator,Brakes, Battery to boot,remapped,and 100 other things, and having spent weeks doing all the jobs, the car is now where it should be.

Clio 197,with megan'
Young Wilson sold it to Glen3, who sold it to me. When I got it, it went into limp mode at higher revs, torn Recaro,bald tyres, bonnet pull broken, and many other little niggles,which was a shame for such a potentially great car. I checked map, and it was a standard 250 map, put on it, to cure limp mode.( It Didn't!.)Now, having had new air con pipes,Radiator,Brakes, Battery to boot,remapped,and the most strangest thing?....rad fan the wrong way round!!. and of course,100 other things, and having spent weeks doing all the jobs, the car is now where it should be.