ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSi

Clio RSi
hey im new here and hoping to that i will find loads of help as i rebuild my clio RSi mk1 ph3...

well it has been off the road for some time in a garage in what we (me and my girlfriend) thought was a safe place and havnt touch it for about 6months due to lack of time and money... recently time come around so we set to work on it two weeks later and little work done due to loads of little snags we hit a major blow was delt to us, someone decided to break into our garage and steel the axle stands tools and the ice we had in it :( and trying to steel the alloys.

well other snags we hit along the way have so far have been that the distributor cap as we was taking it off snapped due to a rounded off torqu screw staying in. enventually we got the screw out off to halfords got a new distibutor cap problem sorted,

next snag is that one of the locking nuts on the front has decided to become almost impossible to get off (any ideas welcome as we are now stuck as to what we can do)

next to last snag is that the front bumper wont come off the screw/bolt just wont come out it just keeps spinning in it hole now

last and final snag so far is that we now dont no how to get the breaks off because as the haynes manual tells us is completly diffrent so if you shed any light on our problems please help us

thanxs in advance for your help

Stackhouse & Mrs

Clio RSi
Well here she is, sorry the pictures are soo big, im not to sure of how to resize them.
DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.gif

audi a3 1.8t sport
easy couple off bolts on the back of the caliper and off it comes take the wheel off and you will see it is really sraight forward hope that helps

Clio RSi
cheers would these be two allen key bolts that need to come off if so any idea of sizes lol cause to me 30 seemed the size but just wasnt lol could of been all the rust in there lol thanx nath

nice looking motor, though it sounds like it needs a bit of work! Whats the plans for it? Jsut straight forward rebuild? Also is it on an irish plate?

Clio RSi
well yes its and irish plate but its a personal plate

yes it needs alot of work everything is siezed and even with wd40 it seems to snap :( so alot of nuts and bolts going to need replacing

and to top it off some peeople broke into the garage and stole tools and damege a locking nut which is why i now cant get the wheel off :(

thats gutting mate. I'm not the best when it comes to this kinda thing, cleanign and polishing is more my line, but ever want a hand jsut drop me a line as i am local to you.

Clio RSi
cheers mate may take you u on it when its time for the engine to come out lol

which reminds me does anyone know where i can find information on taking a RSi engine out