ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio SERV & Airbag Dash Lights

We have owned several Clios over the years and I have just purchased a 2001 "Y" Clio 172 Sport for my wife (I guess it is a MK1).

After driving it for 2 weeks, the "SERV" and Airbag lights on the dash are lighting up when you start the engine and staying on when you drive. Then sometimes they go off for that day and will come on again later.

Is the SERV light like a BMW and comes on when it needs a service the car has done 41k and was last serviced at 36k.

Or is it a faulty wire as we have two kids and are moving the seats back and fore a lot.

The car was a UK spec import from Germany, does this make much difference and are there many 172 imports out there. As when we bought our current 1.2 Grande from a Renault Dealer the actual car came from France.

By the way I drive a Honda Accord 2.2 TypeR, and the Clio just blows it away for driving fun and power lower down the rev band, also its something driving a little clio at 120+ mph, "allegedly", compared to the 1.2 Grande.

Yip wires under the passenger seat coming loose.

Dealer said it was very comon, so the soldered them so they wouldnt come loose again!

yeah, mine was airbag wires under seat. got it sorted on warranty. i do still get the serv light come on now and then. i spoke to renault and they said that will happen if im lacking oil. the oil level is fine, so it must be just me going round corners too fast again.

I had the same problem, all i done was push wire about and wriggle them abit to try and make them secure under the passenger seat, lights went out and everything seems to be working fine now.