ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio short shift CLUB DEAL

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

hi guys, posting this on rsc also,

i can get hold of the clio short shift sticks (b&m) they will fit all clio models and 19 16vs etc, so they will fit 172s 1.4rts, etc.

i can get them cheaper than k tec sell them for, i can get them cheaper than k tec sell them for ex vat!!!

so if u interested post up here ok.

each person that wants 1 it will get cheaper every person we get, i.e

3 people = 146 quid each roughly,

4 people = 137 quid each i may be able to get em even cheaper.

so if 10 people want them we looking at like 121 quid each,

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lo ben, they take like an hour to fit at the most, jack up car take out circlip and blot this 1 in, thats pretty much it.

and yeh m8, moving down end of august, to muddyford/christchurch.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

no, short shift as in, half the hieght of the standard gear stick, made out of stainless steel, with stainless steel lift up reverse bit, and stainless steel nob, like push or pull a little bit to get it in gear, much easier to tell where the gears are etc, more precise.

i am interested, i am not 100% sure but count me in at the moment :)

know of any pics with one of these fitted in a clio 1?

PS, i bought a club membership about 5 days ago, so i am a member pretty much, just waiting for my account info :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

no they shouldnt charge as u could argue it was a styling mod, if u told them u had a new gear stick they wouldnt say ne thing.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah I always fancied one but couldnt really justify the cost! Worth having though if you like to change gear...

Renault Laguna Coupe

Ive tried a car which has one of these fitted (Roamers 172) - the throw is really short and fast. I got used to it after a couple of miles. Well recommended.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

gonna speak to the suppliers at 5pm, they are sorting me a deal, will get back to u all soon, may be alot cheaper than i thought.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

right spoke to them, and they will do them for £130.22 they will be cheaper if we get more people, that is for a price of 6 people, (inc rsc people) if we had 7 people it would be £127 quid each, and for 10 people is £122.78

if u r seriosely interested can you put your name down and then at the end of the week i will see how many people we have.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 03 August 2003

no, short shift as in, half the hieght of the standard gear stick, made out of stainless steel, with stainless steel lift up reverse bit, and stainless steel nob, like push or pull a little bit to get it in gear, much easier to tell where the gears are etc, more precise.

HOLD UP!

the actuall stick itself is shorter than normal? but the actual gear change is no shorter in movement in the box? normally short shift mean some kind of spacer goes in so u dont have to move the stick as far to change gear? not the stick is just smaller?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ok those who are interested if you could send me an email with your name and your forum name then i can make a list and get a definate price.

by sending an email doesnt mean u have to have them, just means that you are interested. but as i said the more people the less we pay.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

gear lever sleave ???

yeh u can put ur name down if u aint a member the more people the better...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh they will fit the rt, as the rt, 16v, 172, 1.216v all have the same linkages, same accross 90% of the renault cars.

my email is mailto:malice@lobstermail.co.uk">malice@lobstermail.co.uk or u can pm me, if you are interested could you all get in soon as possible.

i think i have roughly around 13 people if so, that means they will be like 120 quid each inc postage.

is this going to feel loads shorter? do ppl need long monkey arms? not joking, just half the lenght could feel a bit odd to drive?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol

no its not like you have to make more effort to grab the thing, it feels like its at the right hieght, the travel on it feels alot less though.

so quicker gear changes.

Is it tough to fit? If not, id be interested, as i was going to get one and get it fitted at K-Tec. This would obviously save a fair wad!

Cheers
Jon

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u can do it your self, if u can take a wheel off u can do this, it comes with instructions ne way..

Dont mean to be cynical but a short shifter is a bar with a hole in the bottom and the pivot moved up on the shaft..is it really that much to buy these, id thought theyd be like £40?

-Rob

erm you get a gear nob on it lol its much better item than most quick shift kits i have seen oh im interested too when we get a firm price