ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 Exhaust from Kwikfit!

Renault Clio 172
Hi everyone, ive read a few posts regarding exhausts fitted by Kwikfit and the likes, unlucky for me though i'd read them too late!

I bought my Clio sport 172 phase 2 (02 reg) 3 months ago after my clio 1.2 16v was written off by a stolen car ripping the friggin door off it!!!

Anyway... I had the rear box and centre almost drop off my clio sport 3 weeks ago and limped into a nearby Kwikfit :dapprove:
The standard exhaust sound is to my preference so was tempted by the price of £165 fully fitted for the cat back system they had.
He told me it would be fine noise wise.

Big mistake... was fitted no problem (knackered rear bracket replaced for free!) but sounded sh*te! Was loud on tickover and sounded booming at any prod of the throttle, being unbearable at 30 to 40mph. :mad:
Was told to drive it for a week to let it settle and 'soot' up! I thought load of b*******, but drove it nevertheless.

With ears bleeding & headaches galore i took it back a week later.

Kwikfit guy immediatley got on the phone and ordered me a new system from a different supplier. (still same price but better quality)
This new system is fantastic for the price, nice sound on tickover while being quiet when cruising, but push it over 4500 and you
get the nice engine sound back!

The crap exhaust in question is Part number: PRN904 (REAR SILENCER) & PRN903 (CENTRE BOX)
Ive also seen these same parts on ebay.... DONT TOUCH THEM!!!

The new exhaust ive got is Part Number: UGCGEX424237 (REAR SILENCER) & UGCGEX422208 (CENTRE BOX)

Just thought id post this as a alternative to the costly standard renault exhaust... Also comes with a 2 year warranty!

Firstly.
Kwik Fit !!!!!

£165 for a cat back system ?

You can be that for a back box !!!!

You'll have to put pics up ;)

A.N. Other
Similar price to what I was charged by my little local garage for Kalrius (Timax) boxes - which manufacturer made the better ones?

The first part numbers seem similar to the cheap ones advertised on ebay, IIRC.