ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172

FF Arctic Blue 182

Hi guys Im new to this renault lark. I am in the process of selling my Corsa to fund a clio 172 cos it looks like an awesome car. Any of you have any advice about them? Are they worth the money?

Any advice appreciated guys.

Steve

320d M Sport

oh yeah!!! so a search for buying 172, itll bring up loadsa stuff. Get a red one though or regret it till your demise........

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Let the colour debate begin!

Id say go for black, most of the ones I see are either silver or blue. Black is nice and subtle and looks the dogs danglies! Errr, as for buying advice, I cant help you cos Ive never driven one but everyone on here who has one seems to love it, despite the typical renault nuances, so thats gotta be good...........

Rick

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by ste_brough on 30 May 2003

Im after either black, blue or silver actually mate!
Bloody good choice that man!!! U dont want a red one!!

Silver looks superb ;)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

BLUE!!!

Silvers are nice if youre boring

Blacks are ok I guess

Reds are nice actually (but forget all that they are faster lark)

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 30 May 2003

green ones are faster
cough *no theyre not* cough

anyways forgetting the colour debate, go for it youll love it no matter what colour you decide on, and if you plan on joining us lot then leave your sanity at the door and watch out for KDF and his stick

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Silver: looks as thou the paints been scraped off, think back to your matchbox cars

Red: its kind of an off red

Blue: well its just not black

BLACK Just damn sexy :D

Get a CUP.....

MONDIAL BLUE.... the sexiest colour of all the Renaulsports!!!!

The black/blue/silver and red 172s are just too common, plus the standard 172 looks like a Baccarra!!!

You know a Cup makes sense!!!

Clio 1.6 16V

BACCARRA .......me thinks you need your glasses prescription renewed mate!! ;) (no disrespect intended to Baccarra owners). BTW the CUP is just a stripped out 172, finshed in a nice blue colour, that accelerates 10 times faster! ................ reaching for asbestos jacket!

mk1 blue looks best (ive got one ;) ) mk2 definatley flame red looks best!!!,black and blue ones look like Dcis

either way superb car,definatley worth the dough! 0-60 under 7 seconds,(not starting the argument),aircon,cd,leather,spare wheel (not cup),and around 35-40 mpg! what more do you want....group 6 insurance would be nice..bugger!

the mk1 in silver is the best as i can be pretty certain i will always see another one on at least a weekly basis and can therefore remind myself how good MY own car looks on the road :)

other colours may be "rarer" but how often do you see them??? ;)

2012 WRX Waggon

Wot colour do Renault use in there TV ad??????

Millions spent, all the best advertising brains, market research, a footballer...

Iceberg Silver.

All u others are just jealous ;).

FF Arctic Blue 182

Wow I didnt mean to spark such a debate! :)

I must admit I really like the colour of the cup but I want air con etc! Especially for days ilke this!

I think it will have to be silver, just gotta sell my car first! How hard can it be to sell a car???? Specially a bargain such as mine!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by cerbera4.5 on 31 May 2003

mk1 blue looks best (ive got one ;) ) mk2 definatley flame red looks best!!!,black and blue ones look like Dcis

either way superb car,definatley worth the dough! 0-60 under 7 seconds,(not starting the argument),aircon,cd,leather,spare wheel (not cup),and around 35-40 mpg! what more do you want....group 6 insurance would be nice..bugger!

Im really beginning to like you Cerbera4.5

First youre raving about mk1s being the better car (which obviously they are:))

And now I discover you have a blue one too.....

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio172/1503-1.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 31 May 2003

Hi mate welcome to the club..

Deffo get a 172 they are awesome (okay slightly biased) and deffo make it silver (again might be biased)

172loony.. you have to poke the newbies its tradition..

been poking alot recently tho bud, the newbies might get a bit sore, plus that stick has been so many places before they might catch something;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well you know what they say.. no pain no gain..

dont worry, i clean the stick after every use.... any other new people post now and I will be along to prod you shortly..

FF Arctic Blue 182

Fair enuff with the prodding mate :confused:

Does anyone know someone want to buy a corsa? Please dont give me the usual Corsas are crap cos I know, I think its a great first car for someone whos just passed their test as its only insurance group 2!

:)