ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 182 Clutch Action

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
Hi All,
I went to look at an immaculate Clio Sport 182 today which is for sale.
Didn't get to test drive the car but sat in it & tried the clutch pedal & couldn't believe how stiff/firm the pedal action was.
Is this a trait of 182's?
Maybe someone could confirm if this is normal for the car.
If it is I'll have top have a rethink on which model to go for.
Had a test drive in a Clio Sport 200 a couple of weeks ago & the clutch action was nowhere near as stiff/firm.
Hope somebody can advise on this

Cheers

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Yep very stiff. After 4 years i have had enough and bought an automatic car, but then i am getting fat and old

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's a trait when they're old and needs replacing. New clutches are really lightweight for a cable clutch.

The 200 is hydraulic though so you can't really compare the two.

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
Thanks for your replies guys, especially MickPM.I suspected that the 200 I drove had a hydraulic clutch.
So I'm going to be looking for a 182 with cambelt, dephaser & possibly water pump done & without a stiff clutch action!Or face a bill of possibly up to £1500?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Clutch change on a 172/182 will, in most cases, be cheaper than the belt change is.

We do a replacement OE 3 piece kit for £350+VAT and I know we're not the cheapest.