ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 182 won't start.tried everything.

Clio 182 cup
Hey I'm new on here, just bought a Clio sport few weeks back and it is not starting, I've read a few topics already on here and tried a few things, first off battery and altinator checked, gearbox earth and batter earth checked, crank sensor checked, I even replaced the starter motor last night and still doesn't start.. Same as other topics I've read the ignition goes on then turn the key and nothing just a click, bumps no probs in second gear just abit of fk on every morning . can anyone suggest anything , much appreciated, Adam.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I know you say you've had the battery checked, but they can read fine, but fail when under load.

Try a new battery mate

dan's cast offs.
charge the battery and then drop test it, also check the earth clamp as they can misshape and come slightly loose.

Clio 182 cup
Tried my mates new battery , still nothing, just out of curiosity I put leads on both my battery and his new one and both span the old starter motor.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Tried the electrical relays under the bonnet?, right hand side under the black plastic cover, might be a poor connection due to verdigri etc

dan's cast offs.
check the exciter wire on the starter is getting power on cranking and then work back from there.

Clio 182 cup
Right chaps the culprit was the ignition barrel , just had to hotwire it for now till I trace à new barrel, thanks for all your replys and advice :)

Reactions: -J-