ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 2003 struts

Clio GTV6 L200 75
HI All, just joined and need some help.
I have a Renault Clio sport 2003, 2 litre 16V, and the front struts are totally shagged. I have been trying to get after market replacements, but keep getting shown, sent the wrong bits.
Attached is a pic of mine on the right, and the replacement ones sent on the left. Note the different spring/ ride height, hole diameter and Placement.
I am sure this is a simple issue, but I am struggling to find any parts to suit

image000000.jpg

Cheers

Clio GTV6 L200 75
Thanks for the quick reply, I keep getting thrown by "not the Cup" I must admit, the cars we get in Australia is a much more limited range than in Europe.
I am not getting much luck In Australia, do you have any contacts for those parts elsewhere ? Cheers

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry missed you weren’t in the U.K.

Cup and non cup doesn’t really matter. It’s the bolt spacing that matters.

I suggested Renault Parts Direct. They are based in the U.K. and it’s basically an online shop for a dealership parts counter here (or at least that’s my understanding)

I’m not sure if they post worldwide. I suppose another option is to get the part number and take that to your Renault dealer in Australia if they can still supply them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio GTV6 L200 75
Thanks champ, yep no part here ans a 6 week wait to get them in...Almost worthwhile to upgrade to coilovers at the price they are asking...I will contact them

Cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if they don't do international postage I'm happy to get a quote to send them to you and order a set.

Measure the bolt spacing on your current shocks to work out if your running cup or non cup dampers. Distance between the centre of each bolt hole
image000000.jpg