ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Grill ! What a joke to buy .

Golf TDI
Hey guys , went in to my local renault today as i finally got round to buying a sport grill . Explained what i wanted and i was told they need my reg number and chassis number to order it . so i gave them mine . they then told me that they cant sell my sport parts and said you have to have a clio sport reg and chassis number and have to own it :eek: never heard of this before . so off i went to speak to a different guy and told him i was interested in an 05 182 that was on the forecourt ;) i wrote down the reg and chassis number from that then went back in snd said i have a clio sport now ha ha and when i read it out he said thats off our forecourt isnt it ...then he laughed . he was a tosser :rasp: he ordered it for me and next thing it was £47 .... more than most people pay . in all i was there for 40 minutes ! FOR A PART :eek: what a joke lol

titanic killer
Typical renault parts desk ive been to many and can count on 1 finger how many actually are any good
some of the s**t they come out with thou,ffs.....verbal dihoreea

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Renault changed their system about a year ago my dealer told me, and this is in Belgium.
They need a chassisnumber, or in your case a plate number, or the exact type number of the car to search for any parts. Probably they had to many problems with idiots ordering the wrong parts for a car...
My dealer did a search for the V6, as that one has the same grill and also has an easy type number that you could clearly recognise between the other clio's :D

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Ive not really had any issues with the parts desk at Richard Sanders, Kettering.

Ordered:

Turini Centre Caps
Rheostat
Cup Spoiler
Cup Splitter
Screw for Engine Cover
Door trim clips

All 100% without issue.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ive not really had any issues with the parts desk at Richard Sanders, Kettering.

Ordered:

Turini Centre Caps
Rheostat
Cup Spoiler
Cup Splitter
Screw for Engine Cover
Door trim clips

All 100% without issue.

sorry for off topic, but how much did you pay for your Cup Spoiler?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
If your local dealer is like where i used to work you wont bother to go anywhere else... i phone up for example "hi tom its sarah, can i gave a price for a 182 front grille... ((taps away) gives me a price)... great thanks tom, il take one..." job done. same as when i asked for the price of a 1987 5 gt turbo parcel shelf... gave me a price no probs.
They've just got to know their stuff.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208

Ordered:

Turini Centre Caps
Rheostat
Cup Spoiler
Cup Splitter
Screw for Engine Cover
Door trim clips

All 100% without issue.

I got it off of here in the end, Inodaz bought the one I ordered, PM him.

titanic killer

Ordered:

Turini Centre Caps
Rheostat
Cup Spoiler
Cup Splitter
Screw for Engine Cover
Door trim clips

All 100% without issue.

I payed about £127 as i got them to knock the vat off cos i was buying a few other expensive bits at the same time so knocked the vat off all of them

if i want something from renault, and i dont have the reg,, ill just take it from someones sport model thats been posted up on cs.. (joke) failing that, i could always ring up my fellow sport owners :rolleyes:

titanic killer
if i want something from renault, and i dont have the reg,, ill just take it from someones sport model thats been posted up on cs.. (joke) failing that, i could always ring up my fellow sport owners :rolleyes:
I had to do the same thing when ordering cup parts

my local renault are good for ordering parts i have to say even if there is only ever usually 2 of them there,one parts,one sales.sales guy has no clue whereas every part i have ordered has been spot on and all but one arrived when promised.the salesman didnt know what a boost gauge was :rolleyes:

alien green rs133
well you think thats a carry on, we have a renault garage, not a dealer, and we order our genuine parts online, what a joke, they have exploded diagrams apart from everytime you click on the image to go to the part you want the clio changes age, so like in order to find clio sport side skirts you have to go through a page showing a mk 1 clio, renault parts need waking up, bunch of cabbages!!!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I went for a compressed metal cat to manifold gasket the other day and they told me the system showed this as one part with no join, he wouldn't believe me till I brough in a cat from my boot and said WTF is this then?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
ive been thinking of getting one of thes egrills bit, i was driving out he works car park and spotted a girls campus sport and it has a different grill again, not like the cheesegrater/honeycome one on the ph2/3, its just horrizontal slashes, what do you recon would it look any good on a ph3 (the one withthe large lower grill), and just incase any one knows any clues to a price, cant be more that a RS grill ( £40+Vat= £47)

i think i'll try and sneek a pic of hers tomorrow and try a photoshop.

clio ph2
lol when a orderd my sport grill from renault it took me 20 mins and a had the grill when a left only cost me £31 aswell :)

Golf TDI
have to say though renault have redeemed themselves today as i had a phone call when i was in work this morning telling me its here even though they only ordered it yesterday afternoon . fitted , so going to take some piccy's later guys .

Took me 2 mins, " need this part", *hands over part number*, "no bother Sir, take it you wont be paying VAT". £37 quid and jobs a good one, pays to know people that work in dealers ;)

Hey guys , went in to my local renault today as i finally got round to buying a sport grill . Explained what i wanted and i was told they need my reg number and chassis number to order it . so i gave them mine . they then told me that they cant sell my sport parts and said you have to have a clio sport reg and chassis number and have to own it :eek: never heard of this before . so off i went to speak to a different guy and told him i was interested in an 05 182 that was on the forecourt ;) i wrote down the reg and chassis number from that then went back in snd said i have a clio sport now ha ha and when i read it out he said thats off our forecourt isnt it ...then he laughed . he was a tosser :rasp: he ordered it for me and next thing it was £47 .... more than most people pay . in all i was there for 40 minutes ! FOR A PART :eek: what a joke lol

I had the same problems when i called my Renault Dealer in Aberdeen (Evans Halshaw) for Renault Sport badges of the 197 and a metal foot rest for a Rs Megane .

Needed reg or chassis number so i said forget it and called another Renault Dealer about 30 miles away (Mackie Motors Brechin).

And they said hold on and managed to quote me a price :)

But never called them back to order the badges as i wasn't to sure to leave the back of my car saying Clio or not :S

Clio Dynamique
mate i had the same trouble today went and ordered my grill from the renault guys in kingston was a bit of a faf but got there in the end should be here by friday, so should have some pics up

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
parts people are w**kers generally

and 100% f**king useless at getting you the correct part

here here! at Pug they were crap at gettin parts. i went in for some washer under the seat n the fella said that he'd order that exact part i was talkin about n when i come to collecting it, it was a totaly different part!

Golf TDI
Before .....
P2110057.jpg

and now after fitting my new sport grill ....
P2210075.jpg

P2210076.jpg

renault clio c.sport 1.2
nice im so guna get 1 man...was it just from a normal sport..nd will it fit any normal 1.2 16v????
it a 56 plate campus sport

....looks sick man.

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one.

Stealer round my way is usually hassle too, wanting reg number. They're useless. Never been asked for chassis number though mind.