ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sports Rare Up North???

RB & LY 182
i live in cumbria but was on a wknd away wid the missus went to birchdown to have my belts done, then travelled back to the trafford centre then at 4 went bach to birchdown to pick the car up then back to trafford centre and stopped the night and came home today.

On my travels only seen 3 sport a RB 182, aSilver 182 and a brand new 200 in white (awsome)

Just wondering do people see sports all the time where they live or r they as rare as where im from???

p.s sorry for the long thread.

I don't think they are overly common really, if you are looking out of them then they seem to be quite rare.

Whenever i've looked at the ones for sale on PH & the like, they are always miles from me, I live in Essex. I rarely see that many around.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
i live in cumbria but was on a wknd away wid the missus went to birchdown to have my belts done, then travelled back to the trafford centre then at 4 went bach to birchdown to pick the car up then back to trafford centre and stopped the night and came home today.

On my travels only seen 3 sport a RB 182, aSilver 182 and a brand new 200 in white (awsome)

Just wondering do people see sports all the time where they live or r they as rare as where im from???

p.s sorry for the long thread.

I once did about 1,500 miles in a week Winchester to the lake district and back, and only saw a couple of RS models.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I never see any on the road unless there coming to ours! But then again if i am out of our area code i am lost!

I'm guessing your meaning North of England? As even up in the highlads and islands of Scotland I always seem to spot at least one on my journies.

RB & LY 182
I'm guessing your meaning North of England? As even up in the highlads and islands of Scotland I always seem to spot at least one on my journies.

yeah was mate, i was going to buy 1 from glasgow b4 got my RB it was on ebay, nowt special thou.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I see plenty of them when im home in the north east, our drive alone generally has 3 clio sports parked on it.

But i see far less in Coventry, but i drive alot less when im down here.

Last edited:
  RB & LY 182
I see plenty of them when im home in the north east, our drive alone generally has clio sports parked on it.

But i see far less in Coventry, but i drive alot less when im down here.

our drive is the same sometimes 3 182's 1 RB,1 Black and a Trophy.

Black 182 FF
I dont normally do more than about 100 miles a week around Durham, mostly very local to where I live - but whenever I venture into Durham City, Seaham (2nd work location) and Peterlee I always see a couple.

Not common as muck, but certainly not rare either - not like when I was driving a mk2 Golf around and I'd see one every two or three weeks if I was lucky ;)

Titanium 182
The roads get better the more north you go so logic would follow there should be more the more north you go ;)

There's a shitload in Warrington/Manc/Brum/Leeds/Scotland. Dunno about cumbria, they all have subaru estates :rasp:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
On my travels around yorkshire every day, mostly west i rarely see them tbh.

And when i was looking to buy one there were none close by, ended up going to the other side of manchester to buy mine.

RB 182 cup
Im from down south. Had my car since March and have only seen 5 or 6 clio sports on the roads apart from at meets.

1 Series Coupe
I don't think they are overly common really, if you are looking out of them then they seem to be quite rare.

Whenever i've looked at the ones for sale on PH & the like, they are always miles from me, I live in Essex. I rarely see that many around.

+1! :cool:

clio 182
there is a inferno down the road from me only found out cause he was on here lol never seen him he never seen me !!!

DMS

A thirsty 172
I see a few round here. I'd say they're kind of in the middle. They're not as common as Civic Type R's for example, but I see a lot more 1*2's than I do 106 / 306 GTi's.

Clio Extreme 3
Im also from cumbria, near Kendal, not many around here, only ever seen a RB 182, 172 cup and a trophy about

Titanium 182
Rarely see them when I'm at home (West Sussex) but up here in West Yorkshire I'm seeing them left right and centre! There's mine and Chris' on our campus alone!

Local to me there is a black vee, a silver 1*2, an RB 182 and a blue vee that frequents settle. I live in the middle of no where pretty much and theres 4 local.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Living in the middle of nowhere is probably why there are so many around your way.
To get to places in the middle of nowhere you normally have to go down a lot of twisty country roads. And that's where the RS Clio's are at their best.