ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Steering Wheel

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Apologies if this has been brought up before (Noob Alert), I dont think I can face trawling through threads but:

Has anybody else experienced a problem with the deterioration of the material on your steering wheel? Particularly where you most often grip it?

The only way to describe it is it appears to look like it's melted, I suspect this is quite possibly what its done. Or maybe not...Ive had this problem since I bought the 182 off its first owner last summer.

Its quite annoying as other than that the interior is immaculate! :mad:

Cheers folks.

Gem

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Warranty's just run out, dammit. I'll just have to source a new steering wheel I guess. Least I'm not on my own lol....

the right thumb grip on my wheel started to blister and then it just cracked and peeled away. i took it back to renault, explained the situation to them and told them that it was not wear and tear as the left-hand thumb grip was fine. they replaced the whole steering wheel for me under warranty...£250...thankfully i didn't have to pay anything. my advice...take it back to renault!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
That would be the first thing I'd do, if it still had its warranty...but is it worth me going to them now its run out? Blag it stylee?

That would be the first thing I'd do, if it still had its warranty...but is it worth me going to them now its run out? Blag it stylee?
wouldn't do any arm to speak to your local dealer...depends how long you are out of warranty i would suspect. if your only talking a few days or weeks, i would chance it.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Hmmm, unfortunately its a couple of months out. Maybe I'll ring them anyway, like you say: you dont ask, you dont get :D

Scirocco GT 210
Leather has no place on a steering wheel! Especially cheapo leather like Renault use. As said, it starts to ruin in places rather quickly. My steering wheel is a right state. :dapprove:

182 Full Fat
Same has happened to mine. Think I'll just duck tape it for the unique look!! haha. I become used to renault and its high quality.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
yup, mine looks like loads ov chocolate sprinkles lol, like u just want to lick it off mmmmm chocolate :p haha

Black/Gold 182!
Mines the same, its peeling away near the left hand side. Only had my 182 a few weeks. Luckily I'm still under warranty until September.

Black/Gold 182!
I phoned Renault today and they have booked my car in at 8.30 next week. They said it will take 30 min, they will replace the whole Steering Wheel and do it under warranty, RESULT!