ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio throttlebodies

Clio Hybrid
he he awesome projects... as you know from another thread I have bought all parts (ITB) from Jenvey for my clio mkI. Lucky me because this set up does not cost as much as some other guys in UK wanted ;)

withing 2-3 weeks I will get my car ready and will be able to see what came out of it

£400!?!? f**k me sideways, I think I'll have one made from plastic and save myself some cash... or get another foam one for £30 lol

Pricing that all up

£400 Airbox
£175 Scoop
£600 Custom Radiator and fan
£400 injectors
£1200 ITB hardware
£600 remove air con
£350 Remap

£3725

Or if you need standalone management

£4900

RS RIP
Jeeeeez for the money you can buy another Clio...

But i still want :evil: , you do too do'nt you Blooor !?;)

Thinking of buying a Suzuki Alto for the drive to work and start hobbying the Clio.... will take a while to save up 7000 euro's (4500pounds) though :eek:

When the engine has done over 60k, is it going to stay together after these mods ? Knowing the gearbox and mounts are s**t

Clio Hybrid
£400!?!? f**k me sideways, I think I'll have one made from plastic and save myself some cash... or get another foam one for £30 lol

Pricing that all up

£400 Airbox
£175 Scoop
£400 injectors
£1200 ITB hardware
£600 remove air con
£350 Remap

£3725

£4900

sorry mate but why pay that much. Are those prices based on Jenvey offer or ???

for mk1 you can get a set of parts for 1000 gdp - is that big price difference for RS?

Pricing that all up

£400 Airbox
£175 Scoop
£400 injectors
£1200 ITB hardware
£600 remove air con
£350 Remap

£3725

£4900

sorry mate but why pay that much. Are those prices based on Jenvey offer or ???

for mk1 you can get a set of parts for 1000 gdp - is that big price difference for RS?

What do you get for £1000?

I think 'ITB hardware' in my list is what you are getting from Jenvey.

You can do it cheaper but the above hardware is to do it properly.

haha, Yeah would be great fun in a clio but not sure it would be worth it tbh. Unless I truely adore my clio and only wanted a small car etc then I would probably have to really think about it

Adam

clio 200 F4Rt
when i looked into it i could get SF type bodies and inlet manifold for £900.

plus throttle linkage & fuel rail.

Then management on top.

So for £1800 you could have everything you need.

would then just be the cost of fitting if you cant do it yourself and mapping, which could be done for around 5-600 quid.

So for circa £2500 you could have a ITB setup!

When the engine has done over 60k, is it going to stay together after these mods ? Knowing the gearbox and mounts are s**t

Mine is on 76k now mate and has lost 4 bars of compression on each cylinder over 7 years from new, which is absolutely nothing in terms of wear... I'll bet there are stock engines that are newer with more compression loss. Reliablility I cant say is compromised, as mine's not missed a beat since I got it.

You can also shift slower as you dont need to batter the gears to keep it on the boil

RS RIP
hmmmm...

been checking the GDI site. Also been checking for a second car, will cost me 500pounds. For the 3750 -ish they ask, will the car be totally correctly set up, no more tuning afterwards etc. ?

When i go on with this, will be driving to England to get the job done and then it's back to Holland so must be confidant that the car is good.

well I've not had a problem related to the ITB's, so I'd say it's perfectly reliable. as for tuning afterwards, there's always more you can do, like headwork, bottom end, wilder cams etc etc, limits are endless!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Thinking of buying a Suzuki Alto for the drive to work and start hobbying the Clio.... will take a while to save up 7000 euro's (4500pounds) though :eek:

LOL i feel sick! so far ive spent £14,000- £16,000

RS RIP

LOL i feel sick! so far ive spent £14,000- £16,000

well there's a couple reasons to feel sick :D

2005 Nissan Navara

Mine is on 76k now mate and has lost 4 bars of compression on each cylinder over 7 years from new, which is absolutely nothing in terms of wear... I'll bet there are stock engines that are newer with more compression loss. Reliablility I cant say is compromised, as mine's not missed a beat since I got it.

You can also shift slower as you dont need to batter the gears to keep it on the boil

im assuming u mean its lost 4psi :p

RS RIP
Does anyone on here, know of anyone running the Motor Huger Kit that KTEC sell?

LOL.

This one was just mentioned on our Dutch Clio site, they seemed to like it but nobody has experience with this one so.....

Is this any good you think or was this a bit of sarcasm Ralph ?

No I'm genuinely interested to know.

The kit seems reasonable priced. Just I know of no one who has bought one, which means that either
1. I don't know many people
2. Its not very good.

RS RIP
Yeh true it's always nice to have some feedback on these things !

Jon (the Jezus) is a good example , has been driving his rocket with no problems known.
Nobody on here has the Huger setup and it's a bit too much money to try and see if it works

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Id be very interested to get this done as i already have the omex and cams etc

how much for just the ITB setup (all makes?) and I know how much mapping would be

Clio 172

LOL.

I had that kit on my car. But It sucked!! The engine got to much fuel because the lambda sensor got a wrong signal from the Motor Huger ECU..

I wrote to Ktec and the sugestet me to drive to Motor Huger in France.. Great service?!?!?

So this "The basic kit is very easy to install " is not true!!

There were 4 wires K-tec didn't even know where to mount. They had to contact Motor Huger.

On my Clio Sport from 1999 there are to fuel pipes on the fuel rail. But the fuel rail that comes with the kit there is only one. So you also have to do a little magic there.

But if any are interested you can buy my kit for £1000 + shipping.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

LOL.

I had that kit on my car. But It sucked!! The engine got to much fuel because the lambda sensor got a wrong signal from the Motor Huger ECU..

I wrote to Ktec and the sugestet me to drive to Motor Huger in France.. Great service?!?!?

So this "The basic kit is very easy to install " is not true!!

There were 4 wires K-tec didn't even know where to mount. They had to contact Motor Huger.

On my Clio Sport from 1999 there are to fuel pipes on the fuel rail. But the fuel rail that comes with the kit there is only one. So you also have to do a little magic there.

But if any are interested you can buy my kit for £1000 + shipping.

lol after that sales pitch, il take two!

Clio 1.4
Guys who on here has a 172cup wthe number plate that is meant to look like GEN? think it might have been like GEN X not sure From Essex

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Any members on here put those on their clio?

bhp/0-60/1/4mile ?

- Gammer

My old car 220bhp / sub 5sec / 13.1

That is an entirely plausible power output for a Clio with ITBs.

But to do a 13.1 second quarter mile and a sub 5 second 0-60 with (only) 220 bhp the car's weight would have to be below 750 kgs.

To do those times in a Clio that was about standard weight would require something in excess of 300 bhp.

Id be very interested to get this done as i already have the omex and cams etc

how much for just the ITB setup (all makes?) and I know how much mapping would be

Not sure if I still can but my mate could get me the whole kit direct from jenvey with omex. Not sure how much it was, around £1200 if I remember correctly.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Not sure if I still can but my mate could get me the whole kit direct from jenvey with omex. Not sure how much it was, around £1200 if I remember correctly.

I dont need the omex if its included, so that would be about 600-700 without it?

Throttle body parts tapered CKRT03 £944.00 1 £944.00
throttle bodies, manifold, airhorns, fuel rail, rail mounts, interconnects

or

Throttle body parts parallel MISC £864.77 1 £864.77
throttle bodies, manifold, airhorns, fuel rail, rail mounts, interconnects

----------------------------------------------------
Throttle pos sensor OMEM2005 £48.00 1 £48.00

Injector OMEM3002 £72.00 4 £288.00

Linkage - single cable CLS1 £88.00 1 £88.00

Linkage mount LBF2 £18.00 1 £18.00