ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio turbo silverstone video

Audi A5
very true. like go karting better to be around stuff for fun. i still cant believe how laid back the marshal were, people over taking on corners and in braking zones.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Very good, kind of gutted that I didn't watch much of the track action tbh.

Saw a few Ph1 on track if I had knew it was yours I would have watched bit more to see how it was going round.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Best clio on the day was mike from Mwm in his phase1. That thing is amazing and he was driving it really well , he makes a break for it at the beginning of my video and it took me 3 laps to even get close enough to see him again. And that's just his daily. Lol

I took it out at Bedford two days before silverstone as did tony hunter and we were both mega impressed. I kept with a stripped out 182 with plastic windows and throttle bodies etc.
punches so far above its weight it's unreal! Will tell him to get a video up.

Nippy white cup
Awesome motor...would love to ge the cup turbo'd! No sound on this comp but what was in that Arbarth at the end? seemed to be flying even along the straight

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just imagine if it went around corners at speed. Would be great. ;)

For a road car on road tyres with leather and a radio and comfortable suspension etc, I didnt think it was doing too bad to be honest on a damp track.
Obviously totally pointless to compare it to a race car of any sort though, its nothing of the sort.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, not touchy at all mate, I think you underestimate how much I enjoy just being blunt and factual :)

It genuinely is MILES off the pace of yours on the bends, Ive got double the torque nearly and half the grip (worse tyres and no uprated diff) so your car would make it look silly for most of the track, I wouldnt ever argue otherwise.

I'm working on some of those points though, so maybe soon I can close the gap a bit, but with 250kg extra, its never going to be a fair fight, but then mine is nice to drive around the country in and yours isnt, so its horses for courses :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could do with a secret nitros bottle in the race car,lol.

"Push to pass" lol

Ive been considering fitting a nitrous kit to my mk1 for 2013 as its only 180bhp N/A engine for lesley to practice in, but would still be nice if getting stuck behind someone to just be able to have an extra 40bhp briefly.
Costs a fortune to use much though, but Ive got about a dozen full bottles worth of the stuff lieing around that I dont use these days, so seems a fairly sensible use for it TBH.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Just watched the vid. Bet that thing is a right handful in the twisty B roads. Its so eager to spin its wheels up. Bloody quick when she picks her skirt up though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just watched the vid. Bet that thing is a right handful in the twisty B roads. Its so eager to spin its wheels up. Bloody quick when she picks her skirt up though.

TBh I dont ever tend to take it down b roads when its wet, and in the dry it doesnt have anything like the same grip issues, so isnt anywhere near as bad as in that video.

But I much prefer our RS2 car overall for the somerset b-roads near me anyway, there is just no point having lots of power on those sort of roads, it doesnt help make progress anyway as you are so visibility limited most of the time anyway.