ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 MK2 ....

Hi... any idea on roughly how many MK2 Clio V6s there are around in the UK at this present time? are they also a ltd 500 run once again? I would expect the MK2 to hold there value for quite some time to come and may be worth the investment sooner than later as the MK1 value is starting to fade a bit now.. hope it reaches a plateau soon tho. (A mint 2002 V6 under 10k miles should still be making around 16 grand tho? agreed?)

Id value your opinions! Cheers again.

Tappd'd RS

Dunno how many there are in total but there are only 4 black ones in the UK. 3 of em are cliosport members.

Quote: Originally posted by James on 20 April 2004

A couple of months ago there were 190 in UK
:confused: I picked mine up three weeks ago and mine was No. 154. I know it was a little delayed, but are you sure about 190??

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by James on 20 April 2004

A couple of months ago there were 190 in UK
:confused: I picked up mine a few month ago and thats only No. 96.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 21 April 2004
Quote: Originally posted by James on 20 April 2004A couple of months ago there were 190 in UK:confused: I picked mine up three weeks ago and mine was No. 154. I know it was a little delayed, but are you sure about 190??

They have random number allocation. Someone ordering a week before you could have 455.

random number allocation - do they? Simo had his before we had ours, and his is 96, ours is 136, and Steve had his after ours and his is 154 - seems fairly "un-random" to me !!!

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 21 April 2004

random number allocation - do they? Simo had his before we had ours, and his is 96, ours is 136, and Steve had his after ours and his is 154 - seems fairly "un-random" to me !!!
LOL @ this!!:D

Clio v6

It would be nice, and extra special for MK2 owners, if I am wrong about the number allocation.

I am just basing this on the order scheme of the MK1.

My V was something like 430 (never looked at it much), but a friends car more than a year older was number 533.

Perhaps Jeremy can shed some light on this extremely important issue.

Clio v6

I think "someone" told me there was also about 190ish MK1s in the UK. It could be the MK2 has already sold more than the total MK1s ?

In early December 2003. Auto Express reported "By now more than 70 UK customers have taken delivery"

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 22 April 2004

There are over 400 in the UK
Getting common then Jeremy?!! ;)

PS: Only kidding before I get shouted at!! ;)

Yeah, I was also surprised when I heard there were 190 mk2s already in the UK.. thought it would be under 100.. but its pretty mad to think 190 is a lot! lol.. You do wanna see one now and again in your area tho, unless you have one! (or getting one) to make yours even more exclusive in ur town. I only have the MK1 ...but had a car drive past on the M25 doing about 90mph with a guy hanging out of the window with a camcorder to catch a recording of my V.. didnt fancy scraping him off the tyres of my car much tho. But, does make u realise that even the MK1 is still pretty exclusive after all this time tho.

Clio v6

Even if there was 300 of each model. Your still not going to be running in to them every day.

( Of course some people may run into to you ) :(

Hmm, wonder what numbers theyll be up to when I buy mine? Id have to have colour coded dial surround, non-grey seatbelts/headlights and a waterproof renaultsport bag that fitted under the bonnet first ;)

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 22 April 2004

Hmm, wonder what numbers theyll be up to when I buy mine? Id have to have colour coded dial surround, non-grey seatbelts/headlights and a waterproof renaultsport bag that fitted under the bonnet first ;)
Waterproof under bonnet storage compartment will be with you for sale sooner than you think!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by James on 22 April 2004

They may be getting common, but alas not two a penny :(
I have only ever seen one mk2 on the road. That was much more exciting for me than seeing the rapidly breeding Porsches and suchlike! :cool:

stop faffing about you, just drive one, then the rest of it will fade into complete insignificance - trust me !! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 22 April 2004

stop faffing about you, just drive one, then the rest of it will fade into complete insignificance - trust me !! ;)
LOL, I think im putting off a test drive for that very reason :) Its even more difficult now as £20K is coming my way but I mustnt spend it !!! Im sure I could part-ex my 172 and with that cash have a V6. Mustnt mustnt...

must, must ...... get on with the test drive - you know you are gonna drive one at Bedford anyway, so do it sooner !!!! :eek:

p.s. have you got that sticker yet????

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 22 April 2004

p.s. have you got that sticker yet????
Yep, got the sticker - not on car yet tho :oops: Will do it this weekend, hopefully clean the car inside and out and then its sticker time.

Also, not sure if Im going to bedford.

Hoping to see the grey colour at NEC/Goodwood as im thinking of going for one of those extra colours - if not itll be a nice red one.

But Ive just recently seen a picture which makes me wonder about buying one altogether.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol is it me or do u get unnessesarily (spelling) upset when some 1 says summit that you dont like about the v6s ???

and there has to be more than 4 black mrk 2 v6s in the uk, as my local renault the manager has a black 1, and they also have anouther black 1 in the showroom...

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 22 April 2004

lol is it me or do u get unnessesarily (spelling) upset when some 1 says summit that you dont like about the v6s ???

and there has to be more than 4 black mrk 2 v6s in the uk, as my local renault the manager has a black 1, and they also have anouther black 1 in the showroom...
LOL, Is it me or does it just sound like were standing up for our rights as V6 owners?:D

lol - yeah its you !!! I cant see that someone saying the numbering is random is anything that I might not like being said about the V6s !!!! :confused::p

my statement above is just that - a statement about the three V6s that I know the numbers of, and the order in which they were "delivered" !!!!! :D:p

and my statements about black V6s is based on information from the Renault UK Clio Brand Manger - so dont shoot the messenger, pleeeeeeze ?!?!?! ;):p

I shall re-check my sources on that one !!!! :p

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol ok, i got a little ott, what i meant was that it seems if some 1 sl*gs off a v6 u get quiete upset about it, at the end of the day fair play you like it, and im happy for you but there have been other posts where my self or some 1 else has expressed our dislike for the v6 and you have got very upset...

my local renault the manager has a mrk1 and mrk2 v6, as well as some clasic renaults like the a610, and a turbo 2, he says he doesnt like the v6 but he is collecting limited edition renaults, thats the reason he has them, but then his dad owns the ren garage so he doesnt pay for them....

Sure be a dullold world if everyone liked the same thing...good 4 u mate! ..in a weird kinda way..its pretty refreshing to actually hear from someone that DOESNT like the V6!! lol... its been a loooong time coming, but I knew there had to be someone out there! ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol its not that i dislike it, i just think that for the money its not that great... there are others like ben r who also think it should be better...

Yep... thats true.. it could be improved.. but think of it another way.. if it was so perfect...there would still be people complaining it was too dull and easy to drive!...and there is nothing to master about it (There have been several supercars labled this way, that have failed to impress) As it goes... it takes a bit of time to master it.. and thats all part of the experience of this car that brings the owner and car together with some miles (and smiles) under there belt. This car has an edge about it, and I like that. Someone else in a 1.2 ltr may have just as much fun..and save a heap load of money on petrol at the same time! lol.....everyone to there own. :) (Im not looking forward to selling it! I wanna keep it longer than I have planned...to upgrade later this year)

I am mostly impressed with Renault having the balls to bring this car to us in the first place... even if the MK1 wasnt perfect.. they made a hell of a car!! Good on u guys!!

lol ok, i got a little ott, what i meant was that it seems if some 1 sl*gs off a v6 u get quiete upset about it, at the end of the day fair play you like it, and im happy for you but there have been other posts where my self or some 1 else has expressed our dislike for the v6 and you have got very upset...

my local renault the manager has a mrk1 and mrk2 v6, as well as some clasic renaults like the a610, and a turbo 2, he says he doesnt like the v6 but he is collecting limited edition renaults, thats the reason he has them, but then his dad owns the ren garage so he doesnt pay for them....
hmmmm - I actually cant remember anybody sl*gging off the V6 tbh !!! -:D but hey ho, I get pissed off when anybody sl*gs anybody elses car off tbh !!! If I like my car, or they like their car, who is anybody to sl*g it off!! :p

Evo - "Is there a more striking, exotically configured, more involving and characterful new car on sale today for £27K ? I can’t think of one."
Autocar - "Very little else on sale can provide this level of involvement."

Jeremy Clarkson - "In my perfect 10 car garage I would definitely have one of these – no question"

Top Gear - ‘Very few cars, including some vastly more powerful ones, explode down the road with quite as much verve as the Renaultsport Clio’

Renault Laguna Coupe

A good set of quotes Jeremy :D Out of the cars Ive driven Id venture to suggest that a VX220 turbo is pretty similar in terms of character and involvement. Costs less too. Having said that Id still buy a Clio V6 if I could live with a 2 seater.

Yep... they are very impressive quotes, that everyone linked to Renault should be very proud of.

I think the vx220 turbo (and Lotus Elise alike) are stunning cars, with mind blowing handling and performance.. but limited to the track. I cant imagine anyone being able (or wanting) to live with it as an every day car such as the V6? No carpet/sound proofing... Seat bolted to the floor racing style... no electrics... no air con (but a leaky roof maybe)... need to be an acrobat to climb in and out of etc etc) But, as a second car.. yes please! ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

LOL yes but believe it or not the VX has a cup-holder! Youre right about getting in and out of it though - nightmare!