ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 MK2 ....

haha.. yep...youll need somewhere to store ur drink..incase u cant get out.. and need to have emergency supplies. : ) (I likeem really!)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 23 April 2004

Evo - "Is there a more striking, exotically configured, more involving and characterful new car on sale today for £27K ? I can’t think of one."
Autocar - "Very little else on sale can provide this level of involvement."

Jeremy Clarkson - "In my perfect 10 car garage I would definitely have one of these – no question"

Top Gear - ‘Very few cars, including some vastly more powerful ones, explode down the road with quite as much verve as the Renaultsport Clio’
I feel quite emotional after reading those quotes.:D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol,

specialk when benr comented on that he thought it wasnt a very good car and that for the money it should be better and more powerfull, you got quiete upset and said it must mean that every 1 that liked the car was wrong because ben said so... which i thought was wrong of you to do so seeing as ben is a big part of the site and his racing credentials do not need to be documented...

i was trying to say for the price i would expect atleast anouther 100bhp...

lets not forget the V6 is NOTHING special for renault, seeing as they made the renault 5 turbo 2 which was rwd and mid mounted, also there is the ren alpine gta which was a v6 and then gta turbo !! as well as the a610...

just found out the black v that was in the ren garage was actually the managers car and he was showing off with it..

not wanting to insult you for buying a v6 dont think that at all, just saying i wouldnt buy 1, but i respect you for doing so, but i personnally think its nothing special compared to other ren rwd mid mounted cars ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 24 April 2004

fair comment I guess if thats what youre looking for, but Im not sure anyone could drive a 355bhp rwd Clio! Thered be carnage!

fair comment I guess if thats what youre looking for, but Im not sure anyone could drive a 355bhp rwd Clio! Thered be carnage!

LOL... at least another 100bhp! Thatd be quite something... and a rocket launcher as well? :D Ben R , see what u have done.. now weve all gotta have road ripping missiles. ;)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

I dont want to turn this into a childish sl*gging match, but for the as new price of £27000 there really isnt much out there that has 255bhp or more. Theres STIs, and the Evo 8 but apart from that unless you look at heavily track orientated cars theres nothing?

To get that power from BMW I had to £35k and I was still 20bhp shy of the V6.

Just my two pennies worth:

1/ Clio V6 has no contenders on the looks front at £27000 IMHO.

2/ Clio V6 is admittedly not the be all and end all in driver satisfaction for £27000 but what other mainstream manufacturers have had the balls to bring us such an unusual car?

3/ Clio V6 is still very limited as to production figures. OK 200 hundered/ 400 hundered or whatever, these are very limited amounts of cars. To put it into prospective, Porsche import approximately 2500 boxsters into the uk each year, yet you wouldnt say that they are common cars now, would you?

4/ Clio V6 is my chosen form of weekend transport, so :p

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol

taken out of proportion...

as i said if u like it fine, but renault have done it before, dont think the clio v6 is special.... compared to the other rwd mid mount rens i would say that they have done better alot better....

ok its 27k, but that puts it in the middle of things, you have the rx8, which is a fair bit cheaper, similar power... may not perform as well.... the 350z again may not perform as well but both 5k cheaper, go 5k more on top of a v6 and you have lots of better cars.... im just saying it could of been ALOT better for the money... then renault would of had a car that would compete more with other cars... this is not a personal attack at any 1 before you spit your dummies out.... does this mean v6 drivers get more upset when you mention there cars then cup drivers ???.... :p

last bit was a joke btw before ne 1 gets upset...

This V6 driver actually dont care what anyone else thinks, i was just giving my opinion as to why I had bought one.

V6 ROCKS:D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ha slugger i havea m8 that works for nissan... i get staff discount :p

and im sorry if we are going for looks on a car!!! then a ren 5 turbo 2 is much better looking ( where the clio v6 was designed from ! ) also other cars like the lancia delta are nicer.... oh and aston martins... any of look nicer also things like a bently continental gt which i saw today, oh and a nissan 350 z with the veilside kit on.... that is just SOOOO good, and wider than the V :p

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 23 April 2004

Evo - "Is there a more striking, exotically configured, more involving and characterful new car on sale today for £27K ? I can’t think of one."
Autocar - "Very little else on sale can provide this level of involvement."

Jeremy Clarkson - "In my perfect 10 car garage I would definitely have one of these – no question"

Top Gear - ‘Very few cars, including some vastly more powerful ones, explode down the road with quite as much verve as the Renaultsport Clio’
Surely they were talking about the 182 with that quote ;) ^^^^^^

ha slugger i havea m8 that works for nissan... i get staff discount :p

and im sorry if we are going for looks on a car!!! then a ren 5 turbo 2 is much better looking ( where the clio v6 was designed from ! ) also other cars like the lancia delta are nicer.... oh and aston martins... any of look nicer also things like a bently continental gt which i saw today, oh and a nissan 350 z with the veilside kit on.... that is just SOOOO good, and wider than the V :p

behave !!! :p

I disagree that that Turbo 2 is better looking.

If Im being honest.. I dont like it at all..

*Puts his massive stirrer away*

LOL.. it is pretty funny.. my little nephew is only 5yrs old.. and reminds me of a certain someone. Is there a humour forum this should be transfered to? :p

Humour?

Only place I found which could be classed a "humour" is our very own Driving Tales.. ha.

Boz

Arctic 182

At the end of the day, there are very few cars under £30K that have the on the road presense of the V6. Reminds me of the old group B rally cars (6R4s, 205T16s etc). I have a mate with a Mk1 and its turns heads all the time, every one wants to talk about it. You dont get that with the likes of 350Zs / Boxters. The Turbo 2 is a classic, but very dated now.

The V6 numbers on the road seem very low (in agreement to the 400ish quoted). My mates number is in the early 900s though, perhaps more were made but only 200ish Mk1s are in the UK?

Thumbs up to all you V6 owners (that roar is awesome!). Im waiting for a 182, and although it wont be too much slower than the V6, I have to admit it will be ten a penny in relation to the V6.

The numbering of the mk1 V6 was based upon order numbers (which lots of people cancelled) whereas the mk2 is actually based upon cars made. Thats why you could have a mk1 with number 900 even though a lot less will have been made.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

what does my age have to do with it v6ing.... im just stating a i dont like the v6 and think that there are better money for sim money, and better older cars that look better...