ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio v6 or civic type r

black golf v6 4 motion

wot do you guys reckon.... my father in law to be is thinking about these two cars is the v6 worth an extra 10k? i personnally feel it is for the performance and mainly the looks but your opinions pls

H22A7 Accord Type R

its unique, if i had the money and ability to buy one, id have it, but only cause its a clio V6 :)

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 27 July 2004

wot do you guys reckon.... my father in law to be is thinking about these two cars is the v6 worth an extra 10k? i personnally feel it is for the performance and mainly the looks but your opinions pls
Well if he wants a 2 seater Mid-engined RWD Hatchback that goes like stonk and is totally impractical and totally RARE with AWESOME looks then get the V6 255.

if he just wants a fast 4 seater hachback that looks like most other Civics then get the Type-R...

Sorted....;)

Simon.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Rear-wheel drive mid-engined supercar versus souped-up FWD shopping car. Youre having a laugh yeah? No comparison at all IMHO.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Has to be said.

but why not consider a 350z? ie if he has the 25k needed for a V6, why not stay with the japenese and pick up a nice v6, rwd, 4 seater?

The clio V6 comes with one of the most perfected soundtracks on the planet, iirc its called something like 3-7K rpm symphony :D

Who cares about room, its a mans car that doesnt even come into it. Like clarkson suggests, if you have any shopping that wont go in the boot... throw it away! :D

V6 all the way, if you got a CTR and saw a Clio V6 on the road, youd cry.

Heh!

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 27 July 2004

Rear-wheel drive mid-engined supercar versus souped-up FWD shopping car. Youre having a laugh yeah? No comparison at all IMHO.

EXACTLY !! Different League mate!

Tappd'd RS

Theres no choice - V6 all the way, and thats from a CTR driver!

Dont get me wrong, the CTR is superb, but its not in the same league as the V6.

Practicality might be a problem tho ;)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 27 July 2004

Who cares about room, its a mans car that doesnt even come into it. Like clarkson suggests, if you have any shopping that wont go in the boot... throw it away! :D
LOL, Ill remember that next time the wife twists my ear about lack of shopping space. Dumb bint.

The Jinx

If you havent got room for shopping, buy less, eat less.

The less you eat the more weight youll lose therefore youll up the bhp/ton figures.

Everyones a winner.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

V V V V V V V V V

not 10K anyway

new UK Type R with Air - 16K/17K minimum

new UK V6 - 24K with haggling

E90

Id give my left testicle for one, if it was Turbo charged and made nice Psssst psssst noises on top of that v6 growl, Id give my right testicle aswell.

E90

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 27 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 27 July 2004

If its a second car then a v6 if its your main car then civic.
Ive had 2 vees now, and Petes statement is spot on!!

But just look at it, im sure you could compromise on space for looks alone:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1090929522__Vee1.jpg

Nuff said!!
LOL is that a baby seat in the front of there???? :) Beats the back of a volvo estate if it is.

Yaris Hybrid

Hmmm so we have a gentleman with 25k to spend who wants a quick sporty motor and whilst he might like some practicality he would consider a 2 seater.

I have to say that in the scenario the Clio V6 would be at the bottom of my shopping list.

The Clio V6 is completely outclassed by other 2 seater alternatives like the VX220 Turbo/Elise etc. If it had four seats then well, maybe I could argue in favour of buying it over an Evo.

I say he has a few options here.

1, Spend 15k on a Type R and keep the change.

2, Spend 19k on a WRX and keep the change.

3, Spend £25k on an Evo and enjoy performance and practicality.

4, Sacrifice practicality for two seats and some hard core performance (unlike the V6) and get a VX220 Turbo.

The Jinx

Youve missed the point of the V6 then mate.

Its what so many people seem to do. I dont know why its so hard to understand what its about.

K20 EG Hatch

civic type rs are becomin the new saxo vtr!

gor for the v6!how many have u saw about? just the look on peoples faces as u drive past is class!

dk

911 GTS Cab

I would say defo V6 and Fridays race around Bedford just sealed that choice, an amazing car!

Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 27 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 27 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 27 July 2004

If its a second car then a v6 if its your main car then civic.
Ive had 2 vees now, and Petes statement is spot on!!

But just look at it, im sure you could compromise on space for looks alone:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1090929522__Vee1.jpg

Nuff said!!
LOL is that a baby seat in the front of there???? :) Beats the back of a volvo estate if it is.

Yup, that is little Lilys seat, she loves the vee too :D.

Tappd'd RS

further to my last post - the CTR will hold its value better, no two ways about it. Just take a look on autotrader, youre almost as well to buy a new one rather than one thats a year old.

The v6 looses a lot in its first year through deprecation. If you pick up a pre-reg one or a used one then youre on to a winner. Thats what Im planning on doing next year :D

there is no way you can compare a clio V6 with the VXR220 etc. ofcourse 25k buys you supercar performance, but the clio isnt about that.

ive only covered 120 miles in my mk1 v6 but man i cant belive then attention i get in it. amazing!

forget practicality, i can happily fit a trolloey full of shopping in my car if i needed to, the bonnet has space, the passenger seat, the space behind the netting behind the seats, and evben on top of the engine itself if need be.

if i had 25k id be in renault PXing my mk1 for a mk2. there are faster cars, better handling cars, but none of them have the character and allround ability of the clio.

CTR is fast and allround a good hatch, but it just doesnt have the appeal IMO.

plus RWD is so much fun!

:)

The Jinx

CTR wont hold value for long I reckon.

And you may lose more initially on a V6 but I reckon theyll hit a bottom figure (I reckon and hope this is around £14-16k). The CTR will continue to drop however.

one thing tho, the civic will neva fail you, where as the clio, well, its french and powerfull and probably very expensive to fix, which it will probably need to be all the time..

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Take a Civic out for a drive, then take a V6 out for a drive.

A decision will be made Im sure.:D

Yaris Hybrid

Well I have been accused of missing the point of the V6.

I am guilty as charged, no denying it.

Dont get me wrong I do like the V6 and I wouldnt say no if someone offered me one. Its also a pretty nippy car no mistaking it. But I keep coming back to the main problem which is either practicality or price depending on how you view it.

I dont understand those people that say "I am not interested in practicality, I just want an extreme car". If you can live with V6 levels of practicality and want something extreme then you would have to spend the money on a VX220 Turbo. Its far quicker, handles better, is better designed for track days, every bit as driveable on the road and grabs more attention from bystanders (in my opinion) as it just stands out more from your every day family motors as opposed to looking like a Max Power cover car.

The Clio simply doesnt have alround ability in that price range because I fail to see even one aspect of the Clio that betters cars like the VX/Elise apart from the badge but then the Renault badge is nothing to brag about? That still leaves "character" but a modified supermini will never compete with a decent roadster on character - note I said "decent" as this rules out comparisons with the hairdresser fodder!

Now if the V6 was selling for £20k or less I wouldnt be comparing it with such accomplished sports cars/roadsters. Granted it would still be in the WRX price band but then its up to the individual to choose between looks/handling/character vs practicality. In that scenario I would "get the point" of the V6.

Good car, wrong price. If it was 18k Id be placing an order right now.

Have had all the cars mentioned and still enjoy the V6.

It is a two seater and as I have only the wife and myself no problem.

Takes my luggage each week to stay away while I work, goes in front, back of seats and rear so called extra space takes site gear, PC, files etc etc, passenger seat takes all odds and ends.

More than enough space for two.

Shopping at week ends will go in the front boot.

have now covered over 38k with no real problems.

If you keep within the law as regards speed etc nver had a problem.

If you want to race round the track you will need a few mods, so do the Elise, Vauxhall, Honda, Evo, Sub etc etc.

The one that rises eye brows is the V6.