ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 Owners/Buyers thread.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hopefully it will give some insight to potential buyers. The Vee running costs are minimialist, contraty to popular belief!!

If there is anything else you want to know give me a shout. Nipping out for some photo's on Sunday, weather permitting! :)

Audi
Well done Ali. Remember seeing the pic of the car when you first bought it.

When are we sorting out a meet again?

Good right up mate.

V6 255 & 182 Turbo
Did someone say Scottish V6 gathering???!

Great, honest write up Ali.

Worth noting that many parts are shared across the Clio range e.g. the boot lock mechanism which was replaced on mine last week. To my mind, the V6 it's right up there in terms of £ per smiles.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yeh, we do need to do a meet! I'll sort something...Look out for a thread on V6clio.net

Awesome read. I've never made it a secret that the V6 doesn't float my boat visually, but that's personal taste, and the car is a credit to you and your care for it. PMSL at annual paint costs though, such a bender! Personally, I'm more of a drive it than look at it kind of bender, but each to their own. Love the BMW by the way, even though I still think the front end makes it look half asleep ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
V6 is a love it or hate it car. You're right. If you hate it, you'll never like, at best you'll learn to appreciate it for what it is. "A bonkers, mid engine clio!"

I'm the same as you, i drive the car to the limit, it's been on track....douzen odd times, been to ring. But at the same time, i still like it looking pampered! There's the difference.

Bm's a wee cracker, ironically i never loved it to start with...But it is a crackin bus!

Fun, reliable, different and exciting to drive and look at. It's going to be a daily as well. That's why both are good options.

Lionel Richie
you can't park it anywhere (both because its a t**t to park and people hover round it like flys round s**t)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Fantastic write up Ali, she looks spot on. Does she do speed bumps regarding lowering her? They only just manage them on standard suspension!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
is it a flat covered floor on these v6's?

much room underneath regarding ground clearance or not?

cracking write up btw.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No issues with speedbumps, although i tend to avoid them! Where you have tufts for a lack of a better word in the middle of the road and a road which is very well used, sometimes you scrape the middle!!! (I've got a good shine on the underside of mine)

I'm glad people are taking something from the write up! More to come next year.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Just read it all mate, and it makes me want one so much! :). May have to wait quite a few years only being 18 Lol.

Great write up and in one word, EPIC car! :)

Josh

Last edited:
  PH1 WANTED
Great Read mate. You have a stunning looking one to. Really makes me miss mine now. Dont think ill get to own another one though.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Top Thread...

Just a quick question, you state that the refurb cost for the front bumper and bonnet is an annual cost why is that?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
thought it would be that, but needing to do it every year is a bit much.... I suppose if your car is a keeper than you'd do it..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
For sure you don't have to, but at a couple of hundred quid it's penny's for keeping the car looking spotless!...

Addicted - Whats your e-mail, i'll ping a couple over.

Dunno if i'll get the old girl on the road this year. I've got alot that needs doing/fitted...
  • Safety Devices cage to be fitted,
  • Harnesses to be fitted,
  • Rear bumper is being cut out,
  • Recaro's lowered,
  • Repaint the front end (Didn't do it this yr)
  • Will need to polish up the exhuast professionally given that it'll be on show.
  • gbox oil changed, put the wrong fluid in it this yr and it was too chewy!!
  • Calipers repainted as i don't like the white AP Grafix

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cracking write up Ali. You mean it's going to shows this year... ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Unlikely wee guy! Not that bothered tbh, car owes me nowt, so doesn't matter if it make it out the garage or not.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Very good read that. I need to get my front end painted like you do every year. I don't trust to leave the car with a body shop though.