ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio V6 replica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
for about 1k you could do a cup rep and it would look a thousand times better. the v6 replicas never looks the same and when you drive down the road and it sounds silly people laugh! also when a furio beats you of the line i could be embaressin!

Clio200 EDC Lux
Has anyone ever seen a decent v6 rep? NO ..... they all look wrong and completely pointless. Have you scene a decent 172/182 yes... as they are easy to copy and they look the part.... eg unless you looked under the bonnet or noticed the rear drums etc you woudn't tell the difference...

Dont do it!!!

clio
for about 1k you could do a cup rep and it would look a thousand times better. the v6 replicas never looks the same and when you drive down the road and it sounds silly people laugh! also when a furio beats you of the line i could be embaressin!

ok can you give me some sites please so i can have a look at these kits myself

Clio200 EDC Lux
You will dream it will look this:
365240-1.jpg

In reality it will look like this shed:

925a_1.jpg

RS 172
I'm sorry but studying 'Body Repair and Paint' at college doesnt really stand you in good stead for making brash comments like that yet. Its like me taking Woodwork and telling you I know how to make a grand piano.

And yes, it does have the rear quater on, you can clearly see that it is much wider than standard.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
I'm sorry but studying 'Body Repair and Paint' at college doesnt really stand you in good stead for making brash comments like that yet. Its like me taking Woodwork and telling you I know how to make a grand piano.

And yes, it does have the rear quater on, you can clearly see that it is much wider than standard.
Told you :rasp:

Mini Cooper S sport
i am only young and i cant affors a real v6, never mind the insurance. this is a cheaper way.

But V6 replicas look CRAP! Even if it looked good, it would be humiliating not having the performance to back up the looks. Imagine a car full of chavs in a Saxo wasting you at traffic lights.

I have only ever seen one decent V6 replica, the rest all look dogsh1t.

Just be patient, spend your cash on subtle mods (ie colour-coding) for the 1.2, and in a few years you'll be able to get a real V6, which will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
  BMW M5 & E36
If the kid wants to spend his money on a Vee 'replica' then let him go for it. Doesnt seem to be paying much attention to any advice given so far.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I say do it, but make sure you do a big project thread so we can all see it. You have had some good advice about not doing it, but you seem to want to go ahead with it, so crack on and prove us wrong.................... or right which is more likely.

RS 172
Heat soak and spoiler lol spring to mind, but I tell ya it looks a damn sight better as it is than when a Vee kit goes on.

clio
I say do it, but make sure you do a big project thread so we can all see it. You have had some good advice about not doing it, but you seem to want to go ahead with it, so crack on and prove us wrong.................... or right which is more likely.

i would crack on but i cant fins the right kit and who sells one... thats why i started this thread... i didnt want advice however it is very appreciated thanxs to all>>> now who can tell me were i can get a kit form???

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport

i would crack on but i cant fins the right kit and who sells one... thats why i started this thread... i didnt want advice however it is very appreciated thanxs to all>>> now who can tell me were i can get a kit form???
Ask max power, not clio sport you really are on the wrong forum, thats just honest advice

RS 172
^ You cant afford an original spoiler but want to shell out big bucks on a complete kit? I can see it staying primer coloured and polyfilled for a long time :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.