ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 vs Fabia VRS VIDEO SANTA POD

ITR UKDC2
yeah the fabia costs 12k new

SPECS

Engine/transmission: 1,896cc, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel with combined pump/fuel injectors; 130bhp at 4,000rpm and 229lb ft of torque at 1,900rpm. Six-speed manual gearbox, front-wheel drive.

Performance: top speed 127mph, 0-62mph in 9·7sec, EC Urban fuel consumption 42·2mpg, CO2 emissions 138g/km.

ITR UKDC2
simon was he changing gears too quick???...............sounded like it on the video

2nd to 3rd didnt sound like he let it rev high enough?

difficult to say without seein from inside of car but max power on a v6 is not reached untill 7150rpm, so it pays to take to the max.... :)
still I reckon 15.8 is good for a diesel car that only gets to 60 in 9.7 (4 sec slower than the V6).....do you reckon it was std??

Simon

ITR UKDC2
not sure simon.....they dont mention if its standard or not on the SEAT forum could have been chipped.

i think Mcbunny has one of these VRS's and when i was talking to him he was telling me that its fast for a diesel hot hatch.

Yeah well one was quick lol :)

One thing (well there are more) about the V6 is the clutch is crap, I tried holding the rpm at 4k and dumping the clutch once and BANG, new clutch needed...lol maybe he was scared to do that? if he was he should not have been at the pod though me reckons? lol

Hate to say this but the V6 needs better clutch and more power really. 350bhp sounds about right..lol

I am still wondering whether to mod the V6 (300bhp) or get a TVR T350 (0-100 in 9.1 seconds)......???????

trouble is I do love the V6 255.... :)

Simon

Last edited:
Zorba_the_greek said:
not sure simon.....they dont mention if its standard or not on the SEAT forum could have been chipped.

i think Mcbunny has one of these VRS's and when i was talking to him he was telling me that its fast for a diesel hot hatch.

well that was fast, but I don't call 0-60 in 9.7 and 127mph max speed a fast hatch, that only very slightly quicker than my slow Fiesta 1.6 Zetec???

Simon

Neil82cup said:
I'm pretty sure they can hit mid/low 8's to 60 standard.

just done a few checks on net sites and most seem to give it 0-60 in 9.6, one saying it did it in 9.3?

however at 310nm of torque and 1320kgs should give it a bit of a boast once moving?, but let down by its low 98bhp per tonne power to weight...

but they are easy to chip for more power.....so maybe that one was chipped?? plus the V6 255 was being driven slower than they are capable of going.... :)

Simon

Last edited:
not anymore i dont!! lol.

i've been here since the beginning........so average 4.5k posts a year isnt too bad i guess.

book figure is 9.6 but standard have seen low 8's

remaped see low 7's
also teh top speed isnt actually its real top speed especially when remapped ;)

its like the octavia vrs that will hit over 170 with a bit more power

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
When i went to the Briskoda RR day even the remapped Fabs were quick?! lol

Even octys are pretty poo. Far to heavy!!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Vee's clutch never stopped slipping in 1st and so driver short shifted into 2nd. And then he kept short shifting for some reason ... changed into 4th long before the end despite a terminal velocity of only 90 ... which is only top of 3rd.

Really must have smelt of burning clutch inside ....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mcbunny - i know they aint slow. My mate has a jabba remapped Octy (227bhp) but with all that weight they still arent knowhere near as quick as you'd think.......

Remapped derv Golf
The launch on the heavy iron cald VRS felt crap after the Cup but....................

the mid range pull and torque was brilliant. Climbed hills far better than the Cup.

Not enough to sell me on the car though.

Adamf said:
The launch on the heavy iron cald VRS felt crap after the Cup but....................

the mid range pull and torque was brilliant. Climbed hills far better than the Cup.

Not enough to sell me on the car though.

well no i wouldnt have bought the vrs if it had fitted my needs lol id have had the gta

MKIII 138
anyone want my opinion ? my bro has a 190bhp+ fabia and in breif its faster than that VRS on the drag strip and passes 182`s with ease and has overtaken a 225 wrx also, it also is grp 8 insurance, the remap is completley undetectable and does 53mpg cost him £10k, build is exellent also.

then end.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
meggerman said:
anyone want my opinion ? my bro has a 190bhp+ fabia and in breif its faster than that VRS on the drag strip and passes 182`s with ease and has overtaken a 225 wrx also, it also is grp 8 insurance, the remap is completley undetectable and does 53mpg cost him £10k, build is exellent also.

then end.

Whats he done to get 190bhp?!

There was loads at the briskoda rr meet and they werent getting that even with a fmic, filter, remap ect

MKIII 138
Tom20v said:
Whats he done to get 190bhp?!

There was loads at the briskoda rr meet and they werent getting that even with a fmic, filter, remap ect

most people on the brisk skoda meet were running a Revo map ?

he runs a custom intercooler mod pipe with stock intercooler, Cupra intake from leon cupra + panel filter and the key mod.. Jabbasport custom remap, tailored back from 195bhp to save clutch, running at 185bhp 325lbft, on a perfect cool day around 188/190bhp

his car was the highest recorded fabia VRS with just cupra intake to make 195bhp and according to some the highest stock remapped car in the world at the time but then again its about reliably running such boost. now just runs 185bhp but its very quick..

heres a vid, i would point out its faster now he made custom cut for intercooler, if he had a twin side mount either side intercooler or just a large FMIC he may go faster but as it is the bumper + pipe to the stock intercooler worked a treat made it sound really meaty and from 100mph upwards really pulled.. again he doest like me showing this vid as its actually faster now and he considers that to be a bit slow compared to now...

http://media.putfile.com/0-9075

you can see how a £275 remap + £25 plastic intake pipe can make the VRS a formidable beast, especially when there is hardly any lag just a smooth build up so corners are exited very fast due to low rev torque

ok so its not a 0-100 in 14 secs jobbie but remember in which the cars abilities lie and the insurance savings + fuel and its a rapid but sensible choice.

still an egg box on wheels tho chris lol lol :D

MKIII 138
oh if you notice the milege it hasnt even opened up yet by 6.3k miles either, so if that was a MKI v6 id expect it to post a better time personally.

Paul J said:
What do you mean by a bit? 170 is f.ing fast and not easy to reach in a road car.
270 bhp will see it up there we are along long run on the bahn the gear box has along 5th standard they will do 150 ish

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
WOW pretty areodynamic i should imagine, up until recently the fastest cosworth recorded was mike rainbirds 395bhp@wheels saph which posted a ~180mph run, all others were in 170s!

This was limited space, but only feasable place to do it in UK.

Golf GTI Ed30
That vRS will have been remapped at the very least. They struggle to get in the 16's as standard.. Best i've seen on a standard one was 16.7...