ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 vs Fabia VRS VIDEO SANTA POD

MKIII 138
Vtec Abuser said:
That vRS will have been remapped at the very least. They struggle to get in the 16's as standard.. Best i've seen on a standard one was 16.7...

ahh but standard isnt always standard if you see what i mean. guy n brisk skoda had a 100bhp 1.9PD got it RR`d and it was 130bhp !! most of the 130hpo vrs`s are actually 140hp if not 145bhp.. at that power id still be supprised to see a 16.7 if im honest but you never know it could have lots of power from standard

meggerman said:
oh if you notice the milege it hasnt even opened up yet by 6.3k miles either, so if that was a MKI v6 id expect it to post a better time personally.

agree on the mileage thing, my V6 feels a lot quicker now it has 12k than it did when I first got it :)
Most cars take a lot of Miles to really open up, more than people think...

Simon

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
That V6 does not look sound like it's being driven/running to its potential although that is obvious from the ET. Any n/a v6s run any quick times.? It seems the 172cups/Mk hybrids are quicker up the 1/4.

'18 Megane dci
V6 sounds superb, VRS suprised me, didn't realise they were that fast!

(feel better about my 14.6 now :D)

Martin. said:
That V6 does not look sound like it's being driven/running to its potential although that is obvious from the ET. Any n/a v6s run any quick times.? It seems the 172cups/Mk hybrids are quicker up the 1/4.

Slugger did 14.3 in a std V6 I heard?

I want 300bhp..... :) or more ;)

I would be to scared to drop my clutch having already had one replaced from "dumping the clutch" at 4k rpm..... :(

Simon

Clio 182
meggerman said:
most people on the brisk skoda meet were running a Revo map ?

he runs a custom intercooler mod pipe with stock intercooler, Cupra intake from leon cupra + panel filter and the key mod.. Jabbasport custom remap, tailored back from 195bhp to save clutch, running at 185bhp 325lbft, on a perfect cool day around 188/190bhp

his car was the highest recorded fabia VRS with just cupra intake to make 195bhp and according to some the highest stock remapped car in the world at the time but then again its about reliably running such boost. now just runs 185bhp but its very quick..

heres a vid, i would point out its faster now he made custom cut for intercooler, if he had a twin side mount either side intercooler or just a large FMIC he may go faster but as it is the bumper + pipe to the stock intercooler worked a treat made it sound really meaty and from 100mph upwards really pulled.. again he doest like me showing this vid as its actually faster now and he considers that to be a bit slow compared to now...

http://media.putfile.com/0-9075

you can see how a £275 remap + £25 plastic intake pipe can make the VRS a formidable beast, especially when there is hardly any lag just a smooth build up so corners are exited very fast due to low rev torque

ok so its not a 0-100 in 14 secs jobbie but remember in which the cars abilities lie and the insurance savings + fuel and its a rapid but sensible choice.

still an egg box on wheels tho chris lol lol :D

Will you ever stop talking complete and utter b****cks!? :rolleyes:

MKIII 138
.. also before and after runs with and without intake mods, he was the first to prove the cupra intake added a genuine 10bhp at jabbasport. also the vid shows 0-60 in low/mid 6`s if you watch it i struggle to see how im talking b****cks i really do ??
at least reply with some construction

Focus ST
Have you got two sign-in names or something? I'm sure it was meggerman who made the original comment!

MKIII 138
Lucas said:
Have you got two sign-in names or something? I'm sure it was meggerman who made the original comment!

yup i havent used this oen for about 1yr but i wanted to see if anyone had sent me any messages as i used to PM a lot of people..

I drove one of the VRS' and they are f**king way faster than my clio in the higher gears low down in the rev range. PLant your foot and the thing flies from 40-50 onwards. From start not qute as fast as our beloved 182 but a respectable low 8 secs 0-60mph i say.

I think they can be chipped from 130bhp to 170-180 very easily.

It was actually a toss up between the VRS or the 182 when i bought my car a few months back.

Wish i could buy both!

Focus ST
Must admit I was considering a VRS but the handling is nothing like as good as a 182, they're very heavy and IMO f**king ugly (and a skoda!).

That video of my car is pretty damn slow compared to now.

I agree it won't keep up with a 255 V6 but it will stay comfortably with a Clio 172/182.

Meggerman's 172 cup does pull about 2 lenghts to a ton on me from a standing start but I think he'd agree that from 20-30+ there is nothing in it.

It's the initial petrol push off the line which gives him the advantage.

0-60 at best is mid 6's but more likely spot on 7's i stuggle to get it faster than this. But this car's talent is doing 550 miles to a tank which lasts me 2 weeks and only costs £35 to fill up. On top of that Group 9 insurance and IMO good looks (with Octavia vRS alloys/25mm lowered) it is a neat package.

Also can't fault build quality or customer service of Skoda, 2nd to none.

Oh, you'll love the reaction on people's faces when they get overtaken by a Skoda.

One last point aswell, i'm glad that people still seem to have this gay hangup of the badge, it means less vRS's on the road and more individuality which without having too much of a dig is more than I can say for a Clio....

Mars Red Clio V6 255
had my v6 for about 3 months now, and first thing i noticed is how hard it was to get the thing off the line, clutch is terrible very tricky to get a fast start. i have had lotus elises/exiges/z3m coupe/ and the v6 is by far the hardest and slowest off the line..

great car, and once it gets going feels fast but very tricky off the mark.

Yeah we need an uprated clutch, dumping the clutch at 4k plus gets you off the line fast but good chance of clutch damage too :(
Still nobody has beat me at the "Traffic light GP" yet...lol

Simon