ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v6 - yum but hummmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Family Bus
AFPMSL.

Someone hasn't had their happy pill today.

Laura - If you can afford a V6 then go for it, IMO they aren't really a 'drivers' car, but they are so much fun!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
LOL... As if driving an FTO, she'd really know what a drivers car is all about.. ;)

Revels.. are you one of these people on ClioSport that doesnt actually have a Clio by any chance.? ;)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
What has that got to do with it?

It's a bloody fact. The Vee's are more of a 'looker' than a 'driver', Ive driven one, and don't claim to be an expert, but it's no racer.

The vee is no Lotus or VXR, agreed, but its certainly under rated on here.

Family Bus
The vee is no Lotus or VXR, agreed, but its certainly under rated on here.

Bloody hell, has everyone got their arses out on here tonight.

If you read my initial post, I said they are no Drivers car, but lots of fun. IMO a 172/182 is more raw and exciting to drive as the Vee can be unstable and twitchy. Yes, I am no driver, and yes I have an FTO, but having owned a 172 for 18 months, and driven a mates Vee lots of times, and not just on ten min trips, but from Rockingham to Sheffield etc, I can comment.

Ffs, go have a w**k and release the tension.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

If you read my initial post, I said they are no Drivers car, but lots of fun. IMO a 172/182 is more raw and exciting to drive as the Vee can be unstable and twitchy. Yes, I am no driver, and yes I have an FTO, but having owned a 172 for 18 months, and driven a mates Vee lots of times, and not just on ten min trips, but from Rockingham to Sheffield etc, I can comment.

Oh dear... PMT..??

Please dont be so crude. I wasnt rude or crude to you. Thanks.. :)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Money didnt cross my mind Daniel.. does it matter? I have no idea what FTO's go for, nor do I care lol. I like Clio's and other European cars. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Oh dear... PMT..??

TBH mate, to me it came across as you being a little arsey with her. You knew what she was getting at and it was clear she wasn't comparing the V6 to an FTO.

BOT, I would own one in a shot. 14k for a clio is steep but your paying for the rarity factor, noise, experience and "specialness" more than anything else. Really rare cars and as the above guy mentioned - They are really underestimated in the handling department.

Family Bus
Oh dear... PMT..??

Oh my word.

I CBA tbh, I'm off to COD, there's more bloody reality on there than here sometimes.

BOT- If you get a Vee Laura, you'll love it!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
TBH mate, to me it came across as you being a little arsey with her. You knew what she was getting at and it was clear she wasn't comparing the V6 to an FTO.

BOT, I would own one in a shot. 14k for a clio is steep but your paying for the rarity factor, noise, experience and "specialness" more than anything else. Really rare cars and as the above guy mentioned - They are really underestimated in the handling department.

Apologies if I came across as being arsey, it wasnt my intention. I do however tire of the continual abuse the vee's get on here from people who know very little about them (Not aimed at anyone in particular!!)

E90
I know they don't handle and they are too expensive for what they are ,which is pretty much a 172 with a laguna engine in thats been driven backwards through a glue factory before coming to an abrupt rest in a halfords.

Take same engine . bolt in a Datsun, name it a 350z and make it cheaper , better looking and RWD = WIN.

Last edited:
I know they don't handle and they are too expensive for what they are ,which is pretty much a 172 with a laguna engine in thats been driven backwards through a glue factory before coming to an abrupt rest in a halfords.

dont say that, you'll set mike 182 off on another rant

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Epic thread! People get so mardy about there car's its pretty funny when you're not involved!

The simple answer is if you buy a good one thats had the main service it'll not cost too much other than petrol really till the next one!

I got my big service done when i bought the car and since then in a year and a half i've probably spent about a 1-2k on maintaining it, though that includes two front end resprays!

In short, if you can afford it do it! If you own one for a month or 5 years you'll love it!

E90
This thread needs hundreds and thousands in the form of Subway banging on about selling a cat D for silly money LOL

Mini Cooper S sport
Love you too sugar pie.

Lets get a V6 and drive (stabily) into the sunset :D

Heaven!

I love Vees, I'd have an LY one, I've been jealous of Deb ever since she got hers. She hardly ever posts any more :(

I'm only friends with R Andy because he's got a Vee, but don't tell him.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Having owned both, The Vee was far superior to the 182. The Gearbox for starters is miles ahead of the one in the 182!! A 182 is not more exciting to drive than a mid/rear engined rear wheel drive V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.