ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Valver running problem?

You'l see!
I have had my '95 1.8 16v for quite some time now had no issues until recently

While idle it is fine, but whilst driving especially 3/4 gears the car starts jumping (does not switch off) to keep it running have to either drop gears or rev past 3000rpm

Is it the spark plugs? :)

FULL FAT 182
the best thing i would do mate is give it a good service, new oil, oil filter, spark plugs, coolent, and if that dont work i would consider replacing the ht leads. :)

You'l see!
hmmm cant be spark plugs as its idling correctly

Its starting to get quite scary now!

i replaced the ignition leads had a small affect, but now the abs kicks in when it judders hmm, do you guys think its an electrical thing?

Skoda Fabia vRS
dizzi cap and rotor arm

i had this kinda thing with mine but it only started to happen when the car warmed up

You'l see!
Thanks alot guys il give the lambda sensor a shot

now my battery sign comes on! CD player switches off, and comes back on (car does not stall or switch off)

Could this just be an electrical problem?

Regards

Skoda Fabia vRS
if the battery light is on you might have an alternator problem

before you go buying anything check the condition of your dizzi cap and rotor arm

Black Clio GT
make sure the area where your ecu is and the plastic box its contained in hasnt got any water in it!!

then check altinator/surounding wiring loom then dizzy/ rota arm then check lambda sensor!!