ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio vs bmw530d

I did the same thing in my 182 off a slow roundabout. until the VVT cicked in it was pretty close.

I almost went up his arse when he had to brake midway round the roundabout cos its lard bucket understeered superbly!

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 15 June 2004

I did the same thing in my 182 off a slow roundabout. until the VVT cicked in it was pretty close.
Your talking about the car comming on cam ie the cams become more efficient at about 4.5k.

The VVT is activated at low revs and disengages at something like 6k. Its mainly there to help emmisions and as a marketing ploy. But it does alow they yto use quite stong cams which helps with power. There are other ways Renault could have made 172/182 hp without the need for VVT

The 3.0d has some real potential 270hp from just a remap on the later models but they are quite heavy.