ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio will not start please help!

Clio grande 1.2 2001
clio mk2 ph1 Y Reg ,I was playing about with my yesterday with the alarm and had to try and wire in the unlock lock for my car so i know this sounds stupid i removed the lock/unlock switch and started touching wires to ground (earth) mind you i have done this before and i got the doors to unlock and lock.
Now my car wont start the immobliser light is off untill igition is turned on the the light is on solid

the petrol needle is staying in its postion 3/4 of a tank

if i turn on the head lights with the key out of the igition there is no beeper noiser but the imobliser light comes on solid

the remote key dose not work now , windows wont go up or down, hazzards dont work or indercators ,radio still works

please put some light on the subject for me thanks! if there is anyone who knows how to fix it please help! many thanks aaron

P.s i have spoken to my macanic and he said that the ecu could of gone into a shock mode he told me to disconnect the battery and charge the battery up aswell i have thested the battery and it was very low 20% or lower so i will let you know if this fixes it !

sounds like a blown fuse when you were messing around lad, believe me i have a stockpile of spares from fiddling with hardwiring stuff in as they seem to blow if you breathe on them too heavily!!

check the fuse box, might be worth checking the most obvious ones, if in doubt, check them all.

failing that, might need to get someone to check the car over :(

jamie

Clio grande 1.2 2001
hi there jamie i have checked all the fuse's but spoken to renault and thay said ive killed it but for there wonderfull charge off £130 thay might be able to tell me what the problem is

hi there jamie i have checked all the fuse's but spoken to renault and thay said ive killed it but for there wonderfull charge off £130 thay might be able to tell me what the problem is

if it is a charge of 130 quid it is a minor issue mate. if they had said 500 quid you have fucked it lol, but 130 sounds like 45 standard charge to "check" the problem, and hours labour to solve it, and a couple of quid on top for "parts" ie bullshit

i would get a mobile auto electrician out, at the max cost of 20 quid, to check it over, might charge you more to fit the problem but no where near 130 quid.

jamie

Clio grande 1.2 2001
Thanks for all your help today guys and girls i got the car running by putting a live feed into pin one of the lock / unlock switch and this have got the car working so i am a happy bunny whats happened it the wire between the fuse and switch has broken somewhere so it workin like this dosnt bother me