ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO WILLIAMS 2 IDLE PROBLEMS

Clio Williams 2
When on tick over from cold or warm start, it will idle fine for about a minute then loses revs then bounces back up again.I have to wait between 10-15 minutes till it idles normal, i know my speedo is faulty but ive changed the idle control valve and it still does it.

Also when i drive her hard after the revs have settled, it will then idle at 2000rpm

Can anyone help me?????? ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Try cleaning or replacing your CTS (coolant temp sensor).

OR after re-reading your post you say you have a problem with the speedo, this could be the answer. Often the earth on the back needs fixing.

When on tick over from cold or warm start, it will idle fine for about a minute then loses revs then bounces back up again.I have to wait between 10-15 minutes till it idles normal, i know my speedo is faulty but ive changed the idle control valve and it still does it.

Also when i drive her hard after the revs have settled, it will then idle at 2000rpm

Can anyone help me?????? ;)

Classic speedo cable/speedo sensor fault. Replace the speedo cable (a faulty sensor on the clocks end, 3 pin connector) causes the high idle after driving.