ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio williams 3 13,000 miles, fsh, how much please???

Hi,
I'm looking to buy the cleanest williams I can to have as a concours project. not going to drive it just preserve it, I have found a williams 3 which has 13,000miles on from new that's thirteen thousand, with the present owner having had the car for the last 15 years. I've spoken to him and he seems like a nice guy, and he obviously wants the best price for his rare car, However having trailed throughout the internet I can't find anything to use as a reference as to how much his car is worth.

So, in short that's my question. to be fair to the current owner I think this car has to be at the top end of what these cars are worth? it's just what is the top end for these cars in this condition?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as i'm hoping to phone him today and hopefully secure a deal.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I had that car, and providing it was mint, I'd probably be asking anywhere between £6-9k for it.

It all entirely depends on condition. Its all very well saying its only done 13k, which is excellent for a keeper/show car, but if all the bushes/tyres/belts are original, then you're going to have a very big bill at your renault dealer when you order the parts.

53 Clio's & counting
if it was a williams 1 then it would be worth more, the 2 and 3's were a bit naff in comparison IMO

Oi, shhhh you ;)

If I had that car, and providing it was mint, I'd probably be asking anywhere between £6-9k for it.

It all entirely depends on condition. Its all very well saying its only done 13k, which is excellent for a keeper/show car, but if all the bushes/tyres/belts are original, then you're going to have a very big bill at your renault dealer when you order the parts.

As dan has said, if it has been maintained, then it will be worth at least £6000 to an enthusiast - BUt, that seller would need to find someone to buy it, the amount of people willing to spend that much money on a near 20 year old French hatchback is not many

IF it has been pulled out of a garage where it has been stood for ten or fifteen years, then expect a bill for new cambelt, aux belt, water pump, suspensions bushes, wishbone bushes, discs, pads, brake fluid and lines - the possiblr list goes on

williams and trophy
As above really. Big bills if the belts etc not been done. No. 0425 was sold recently this is a show winning car that's had a fortune spent on rebuilding. 6k that. For a willy 1. With this being a lowly 3 albeit original if it is?? I'd say its around same figure. An original unpainted example (unrestored) one will be worth slightly more than the restored ones

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Just to let you know, I have owned a williams 3 clio and out of all the cars I have owned it was best car I have ever owned and I don't want to sound a dick but I'm nearly 40 and owned nearly every hot hatch made and a couple of Evos a 2 year old tommi mak etc, and its only 2 years ago that sold my williams 3 after owning it 3, I bought it as a run around in the winter months as I take the evo off the road for the winter, I was so impressed the evo was sold and the williams was in the garage for winter, the reason I loved it so much as when I drove it it made me feel fantastic, even just driving it a mile to the shops! in my opinion this is what a hot hatch is all about, take the car for a drive and if it make you feel great then its worth every penny, put it this way if I didn't own my Trophy and had so much money in it and had the chance to buy a 13k Williams 3 the Williams would be in my garage, you don't get many chances like that and I think it will be more than 6k,its a new car, I have seen 205 gti s with 25k for £12000 and 5 turbos with 13k for £14000,get it bought!!!!!!!!

williams and trophy
Unfortunately the Williams doesnt command that kind of money. Fortunately for me,, the Williams isvinbthe garage whilst the trophy takers up room on the drive

SQ5
Williams 3 isn't even the correct colour, it would have to be a 1 to fetch decent money IMO, with a 2 being slightly cheaper with same spec

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If it was Williams one reckon worth something Williams three will never be worth as much.

monaco blue clio 172
Get it bought you have the bennefit of it being a nicer colour than the 449 shait also. Put the two cars next to each other and the 3 will look much nicer than a 1