ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams On Sky TV NOW

Saw it first time around but didnt pay too much interest as I didnt have and wasnt planning a Williams at the time.

Not got sky tho.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Im gonna tape it and upload it as an MP4 file, that is, if it works :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_novice on 24 February 2004

Not fair us poor people dont have sky :( or broadband so i cant even watch it once its uploaded :mad:
I got broadband instead of sky;)

fuk me sideways did you see how high the rear wheel was off the tarmac when he was rallyin that thing about, lol

why was it a p plate at the start of the feature then an l plate at the end??

Quote: Originally posted by boyced on 25 February 2004

I didnt think they made a P reg williams?

Wasnt it only the Williams 1 that had a plaque?
strombas is a late registered Williams 1, didnt hit the roads til 97 so has the P plate to reflect that!

LoL @ "I wouldnt buy a car thats been thrashed like that" sentiments

How many times have you read ....... "these cars were made to be driven hard... As long as you service and care for it its no problem!" etc

williams and trophy

yeah but one thats been thraped to within an inch of its life evry time its bin started.........from cold too........well

There was either two cars on that feature or they kept swapping the reg plate. The P plate was being thrashed around but the close up sh*t including showing you the 002 plaque was a L plate by what i could see.

If anyone finds a Williams which hasnt been "thrashed" then itll probably break as soon as you go above 4k.. heh.

Depends what ya mean by Thrashed - used to its potential? hit the limiter all the time? Dunno..

Quote: Originally posted by Paul Clio 16v on 25 February 2004

There was either two cars on that feature or they kept swapping the reg plate. The P plate was being thrashed around but the close up sh*t including showing you the 002 plaque was a L plate by what i could see.
LoL!!!

Yep, king.strombas 002 is really a late registered P plate valver, resprayed from Monaco blue, with phase 1 parts added for authenticity.

Apparently some guy on the old kent road knocks up the plaques for £20 a pop.

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 25 February 2004

yeah but one thats been thraped to within an inch of its life evry time its bin started.........from cold too........well
Dont you think there might have been a nervous looking Renault representative who had the pleasure of delivering/showing off the car, making sure this didnt happen from cold?

The Top Gear feature in this months issue is full of inaccuracies! I just read it and cringed at the very obvious lack of proper research, complemented by the pub-bravado "facts" about Williams involvement in the development.

Did you know that apparently the stock 16V was a 2.0 (not a 1764cc F7P in sight) and that Williams did all the chassis and engine work? All true... if youre mug enough to believe Top Gear!!

They also say that the Will 3 makes a much better buy than the Willy 1 and 2 as theyre too old and because the Willy 1s never come up for sale anyway. Come on! Theres only 2 years between all of them anyway!