ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio won’t start I have the solution!!

I have had a few problems with intermitant starting problems with my Mk1 172. I had 4 people look at it each with different ideas to the solution to the problem including immoboliser, relays etc. But the clever AA man worked it out.....

.....a dirty crank sensor! he just cleaned it up and the car is working perfectly now. I suggest anyone that has the same problem with intermitant starting problems checks it. Its just under the air filter and is worth cleaning. Might save you some headaches.

Lou

Hmmmmm, Do you know if the sensor applies to a mk2 172? I have been having similar starting issues. If so is it a easy thing to get at???

On the Mk1 its quite easy to reach - I doubt the mk 2 is very different. The air filter has to come off, and then on the left, quite far down there is a black square, thats the sensor, there are two bolts one either end on the square, unbolt it and clean it. Apparently it is more exposed than on other cars so its a common problem for it to get dirty and stop working on clios.