ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio182 Misfire (3rd cylinder then multiple cylinder)

Clio Sport 2.0 182
Hi All!

I hope someone can help. I have been plagued with a misfire on this car for the last few months, and am starting to run out of ideas! The car still drives smoothly and is not lumpy on idle.

I will give you all some background....!

I was able to read the fault codes on the car. 1st code being P0303 3rd Cylinder Misfire. The 2nd code related to the CAT under performing. Not long after getting the EML, i put the car in for a major service. Sparks were changed as part of this work, and the garage cleared the code. A few weeks later the EML returned with the same faults! At this stage I decided to change the HT leads and the coil pack. The sound of the car changed and i thought i had cracked it, and cleared the code! Yet again; a few weeks later that sneaky EML returned! A few days after, the car started cutting out. A long story short, the MAP sensor had died and was cutting the engine out. During this time at the garage, they had also identified a faulty LAMBDA sensor which was changed. The garage also identified the misfire, but said that they wanted to change the sparks, coil pack and leads "to rule it out". These are all brand new and i was not willing to be robbed!

After the fitting of the LAMBDA, the 2nd fault code changed to something my device can't read. The garage i was at stated that the car is currently running lean.

Next step.... Injectors!

I wanted to test if i had a faulty injector in cylinder 3. So i have swapped 1 and 3. Nearly 2 whole weeks passed with me staring at the dash awaiting the arrival of my EML. Reading the fault code today gave me P0300 Multiple/ Random cylinder misfire! WOW! Didn't expect this! i may have caused this, but i want a battle plan before i go tinkering again!

I'm now at the stage where i am not really sure how to progress other than blindly faulking out the cash at the wim of a garage (you may be able to tell i have had problems with garages in the past!!!), especially as the car still drives smoothly with no bad noises from the engine/ exhaust. The only other faults with the car is a slight judder at standstill when the car is up to temp, and occasionally you can feel a momentary delay when accelerating hard.

So any help and guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!!