ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's don't need servicing

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My mate just called saying some one just brought a Clio in for service with him.

Its a PH1 from 1998. It was last serviced at 12k. Its currently on 148k! Its been used on a farm as a work run around between units.

He said the water was like brown sludge and the oil was like black water. Still on original clutch and cambelt.

So if you have a clio don't bother servicing it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I sold a black 172 not too long ago that had 88k on it, last stamp in the book was at 10k!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It was bought in 1999 and never serviced by the farm since.

Its only getting serviced as the owners son is having it to learn to drive in.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
They have been told to change the oil, water and brake fluid.

I wonder how long that cambelt has in it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My bosses' old kangoo van was only seviced 1 or 2 times when it was new then lasted to 160k and was serviced. The following week the turbo blew. We fixed that then the cambelt snapped lol

Iceberg 172
Lol at the above post! Brilliant!

I bet the Clio was gutless! Now the fluids have been changed and it's moving more freely I bet some major component will break!!

clio 182 black /gold
What a strong peice of kit. My mate had a nova 1.0ltr he did nothing to it. It passed the emissions every year.

ITB'd MK1
I bet its a 1.2 8v, they go on for ever, although headgasket tends to go around 150k.

i did a top end on one with a belt failure at 155k (doubtful it was ever changed) and the bores in the block were still immaculate. stonking engine. painfully slow though

DB.

BMW 440i
My mate hasn't serviced his 1.1 206 in 4 years and 60k lol runs fine but I wouldn't do this!