ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Annual Surrey Rolling Road Shoot Out 22nd Jan

Just some pics from today.

First of all a big thanks to Jon Saner for arranging this and helping to make it run like clockwork. An amazing turn out and an eclectic mix of cars, even an original Mini. Was a really great day with some amazing power outputs. Was very sceptical about putting a standard car on the rollers but wanted to get a bench mark before I start with any changes.

The 208.8 hp 197

5378991986_d48a9f6e86.jpg

The read out

"]
5379046414_d269d12e3c.jpg

LY rules ok!!

5379000836_de2f206eea.jpg

"]
5378404935_1d4cfb9976.jpg

"]
5378408171_b8d7be54c6.jpg

"]
5378414543_b80c534820.jpg

"]
5379020950_b175eee3bd.jpg

"]
5378427879_a47271516e.jpg

"]
5378430629_a79d98441f.jpg

"]
5379032734_3214b82b42.jpg

"]
5378436417_f188260c0f.jpg

"]
5379039062_2eb7948ed7.jpg

5378443607_660255af01.jpg

C32 AMG Estate
I was well happy with my 273.3hp and 300lbft! :0)! It ran 255 last year and all I've done since is the exhaust!

C32 AMG Estate
lol Megans seem to be the way forward then !

lol looks like it, although Ive always been dissapointed with my cars results, previously 250hp (SRR), 253hp (RS Tuning) then 255hp (SRR) then bang throws a result of 273hp ! Not saying its a bang on accurate result, but its been on the same rollers three different times with diff mods so a fair reflection of gains I guess! And as for the 208hp 197! They must have been in a good mood in Dieppe when tht one came off the line, good result! Im also becoming more and more wary of 180hp+ stripped out Clios, lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
What map are you running Tim?

I don't know I bought it like that!

All I've done to it is fit my Cliosport tax disc holder and a Mazda 3 MPS aerial LOL

I knew it had Forge hoses when I bought it but I then discovered a few weeks ago it had a Forge intercooler. Must have an RS Tuning map or similar as well.

C32 AMG Estate
I don't know I bought it like that!

All I've done to it is fit my Cliosport tax disc holder and a Mazda 3 MPS aerial LOL

I knew it had Forge hoses when I bought it but I then discovered a few weeks ago it had a Forge intercooler. Must have an RS Tuning map or similar as well.

I'd suggest that with a bigger forge front mount, silicone and 290 odd torques you have a sneaky stage 2 under the bonnet!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Hmmm I need a tax disc holder!!

Gives a good power increase as shown by my car. Who need itb's or a supercharger? ;)

I'd suggest that with a bigger forge front mount, silicone and 290 odd torques you have a sneaky stage 2 under the bonnet!

Stuart/Liquid Carbon reckons it's stage 1. I've contacted RS Tuning today to find out.

Hopefully it is Stage 1 otherwise I'm a bit disappointed!

C32 AMG Estate
With that torque I'd say stage 2, as theres a bigger cooler there too! With 290+ torque it would be a very strong stage 1! Mine did 255hp and 290ftlb last year at SRR on a stage 2! Heat soak a big factor with the meg engine tho!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
With that torque I'd say stage 2, as theres a bigger cooler there too! With 290+ torque it would be a very strong stage 1! Mine did 255hp and 290ftlb last year at SRR on a stage 2! Heat soak a big factor with the meg engine tho!

From what I've read the bhp is about right for Stage 1 but the torque is too low for Stage 2.

Boost pressure will tell if a megane is stage 1 or 2 , if paul has no record of it at rs tuning

Boost pressure isn't recorded on any of the graphs.

C32 AMG Estate
Your right no boost pressure taken on Saturday! Charlie said mine was 18psi mid range which is actually about 1.25 bar! Peak would be about 1.4 I'd guess! It was 1.4 on Pauls rollers when mapped!!

Torque on stage 1 is 275ftlb that's what mine did at SRR and 295 on stage 2 at SRR and 308ftlb on RS Tunings rollers

C32 AMG Estate
Mine is 1.4 bar on pauls graph at rs tuning
and 1.5 bar on my defi gauge , but they over read slightly
mine is stage 2

Ah cool coz my scanguage says 22-23psi at peak then settles about 21 ish but only in the higher gears where the guage display can keep up! Lol

Ford focus RS 3404
Good to meet alot of you, Had a wicked day :) i shall be attending this next year hopefully with some mod's !

Renaultsport Clio 182
Some good pics there!

How accurate are the rollers as some of those output figures are 'sceptically' high - especially 208bhp from an R27....

Can't help but wonder what they would make on different rollers to compare results?

C32 AMG Estate
Some good pics there!

How accurate are the rollers as some of those output figures are 'sceptically' high - especially 208bhp from an R27....

Can't help but wonder what they would make on different rollers to compare results?

I would suggest pretty bang on! 4WD Dyno Dynamic rollers within 1hp of Pauls at RS Tuning......... Mines been on both with the same mods, same conditions....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

SRR are generally considered to be fairly accurate, they are only a rolling road, so have nothing to prove from massaging the figures! Unlike some tuners ...

Shame i couldnt attend, was interested to see what the TroFail/330 were putting out.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
SRR are generally considered to be fairly accurate, they are only a rolling road, so have nothing to prove from massaging the figures! Unlike some tuners ...

This. I went to regal in Southampton a couple of years ago and mine came out at 195bhp with just a k-tec exhaust ! SRR came out at a more believable 180.8bhp

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
No the R27 had never been dyno'ed, Pete swears he has only put a panel filter in it. Charlie @ SRR said he had never seen one make that much before, also that even the best ones hed seen were only making between 200-202bhp. He also said the fuel curve wasn't a standard Renault one? Has to have been remaped by the previous owner ?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
No the R27 had never been dyno'ed, Pete swears he has only put a panel filter in it. Charlie @ SRR said he had never seen one make that much before, also that even the best ones hed seen were only making between 200-202bhp. He also said the fuel curve wasn't a standard Renault one? Has to have been remaped by the previous owner ?

even with adecent remap that's impressive..DD are usually low-ish reading too so it's probably a freak engine!

340i
That is a mega strong 197.... seeing as a 197 at TDF a few months ago only made 179bhp iirc?!

Very impressive :D

Renaultsport Clio 182
This. I went to regal in Southampton a couple of years ago and mine came out at 195bhp with just a k-tec exhaust ! SRR came out at a more believable 180.8bhp

Yeah this is what I meant (different RR's) can put out different figures but if 2 different ones gave similar readings then you can take it as accurate - wasn't trying to disprove anything

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Found out from Paul my R26 is Stage 2 and it did 265hp and 310lbft at RS Tuning. Looks like I'll be going Stage 3 next LOL

C32 AMG Estate
Found out from Paul my R26 is Stage 2 and it did 265hp and 310lbft at RS Tuning. Looks like I'll be going Stage 3 next LOL

Heat soak Tim ! Few degrees lower and it would have put those figures out. Like I said mine did pretty well those figures last year on a Stage 2! Charlies RR is known to be a bit of ball buster! Mine was fairly cold when it went on the rollers! Nice to know you have a stage 2 though hey ! Just saved you a fair few quid :approve: