ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cliosport / sheep / bothered

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i think this thread will take a certain amount of honesty to work.

tbh i am not bothered if people are upset by my thread, or slate me for it...oh well

obviously the fact i have written the thread shows i am a little bothered about it..but does anyone else find it a tad annoying when someone copies there original idea...?

obviously there are 2 ways to take it.....as a compliment or as a straight blag...

open to discussion

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Compliment if anything.

I can see why someone would be annoyed though (i'd probably be a little bit)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
A compliment to be honest with you.

It's like the whole white wheels on an RB182 thing.

Audi S1
Doesnt make sense to me... if im gettin the worng end of the stick i might just be dumb...

If someone copies you as you said u can take it as a compliament or u just hate them...sounds petty though... are you female? they tend to be touchy about these sort of things....no offense lol

A4 Avant
If i'd carried out a fair few mods to make my car unique then I'd be a little pissed if someone turned up with an identical car after mine was finished.

Problem is if something looks good everyones going to want to copy it, so really it's a compliment.

53 Clio's & counting
i think i qwould be a lil annoyed yeah mate, you want your car to be different,but your idea gets copied, its nice to ee other people like your idea's enough to copy them onto their cars,but i would be annoyed that my car is no longer indevidual(bad sp)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i think this thread will take a certain amount of honesty to work.

tbh i am not bothered if people are upset by my thread, or slate me for it...oh well

obviously the fact i have written the thread shows i am a little bothered about it..but does anyone else find it a tad annoying when someone copies their original idea...?

obviously there are 2 ways to take it.....as a compliment or as a straight blag...

open to discussion

Dude, what are you on about?

It depends on what the mod is imo, if it's a complete one off & someone copies it i'd be annoyed.
If it's just a case of someone having the same wheels etc, there is nothing you can do as it will happen (i'm just giving examples btw)

What has been copied ?? (if anything)

vers le haut doigt milieu
I feel those vibes everywhere on here, good you feel you need to speak out. You don't need to worry about being copied its worse when people try to force their own stupid opinions because they think their always right!

Who gives a cr@p tbh, do what you do as long as its right. If no one can make a decent argument to prove you wrong all you have to say is fcuk it and fcuk them...

200 Gordini
I'm getting an arctic 182 and R8byb bullets have been colour coded with silver lettering, you think he'd be pissed if i done it aswell with anthracite or silver lettering?

Just to add its still getting done either way ;)

not sure i totally understand this and i feel that your taking the 'forum' thing a little heavily.

no1 is truly original, when people have done the same as me then whatever, i cant stop them. they feel they have to 'copy' then fair play to them. im sure most of my 'original' ideas have been done a million times over but thats life.

far more important things to worry about :)

Titanium 182
Even if you have been copied looking at the ammount of RS clios in your area that are the same colour as yours and have the exact same modifications as yours would return most of the time 0 cars like yours in a 30+ mile radius ?

So basically your annoyed because someone from somewhere else in the country that you only know through an internet forum has copied how your car looks. They will never be compared or seen together most likely.

I could understand if it was your neighbour, but on a forum ? mega compliment if anything at all tbh.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
modding cars evolves from people taking other peoples ideas and putting thier own twist onto it.

Nothing is unique anymore.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
awesome reaction to this......

the forum being used to discuss, the way it should be...no i drove at 140mph shizzle...

i am not saying whats right and wrong either way, my eyes are dry also, which is useful

Neil, are you talking in general or has some one copied you ??

In general, if it's stuff like an RS grill on a clio, everyone has done it now.

I find that mods to cars on here tend to go in trends, one person does it then if it looks good others do it too.

53 Clio's & counting
good way to get some much needed interesting convo back onto the forum mate :)

if someone did the same mads as mine and lived near me, that would get annoying,tho me and a mate used to have identical looking cars and we used to blame any driving antics on each other lol

ph1 172
i cant see myslelf doing anything much to a clio. My car is standard and already gets enough attention from chavs.

BMW E46 330i Touring
How dare you create a topic that actually encourages and provokes thought and an opinion, I feel the need to say something derogatory, misspell it, stick in a load of pointless acronyms (CS originated, obviously) and start a forum-ruck.

On the other hand, imitation is flattery but it rarely feels that way when you've wracked your brain to create the good idea in the first place.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I would take it as a compliment as I'd hope any-one who I have pinched ideas from would. Theres very little to be done 'new' or original in the modding game without it looking sh*t imo.

fabia vrs
The problem is on here if you own an 'RS' you:
1)Must be on turini's
2)Must have a carbon spilter
3)Cup spoilers are the only spoiler choice
4)Must be sitting on it's sills !! 40mm is for pussy's
5)NEVER put lexus light's on your car !! lol

You can only mod your car if you stick to these cs rules !! So people are going to copy each other ?? in IMO tho ;)

182-racing-blue

I put black wheels on my RB and Amy said that she was thinking about doing the same. Whats wrong with that? Sometimes what works just works, I don't think its copying it's just someone doing something that you like that wasnt an apparent idea to you. Simple.

If you all started putting lexarse lights on and 18's then I would leave the forum.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've thought about this too, but at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me. Why would it?

First with a Ph2 rear on a Ph1 172.
First with new-style RS badge
First to see how sweet white Turinis looked on RB (with help from Dan/Photoshop) ;)
One of the first with a 3/4 plate on here... going back nearly five years, mind.

Dan has his Ph-Madness... Ali has the "no sidelights" rule... Winston has, well, just Winstinct. ;)

Then saying that, who knows... and who really cares? People copy ideas that they like. It doesn't bother me.

Clio v6
If a mod you've done/created is proven to enhance the car's handling or performance, then many people will want the same, and you should be proud to share. If it's just a styling thing, they might simply like the look of it and harmlessly copy it.

I'll give you an example.... Many have said they like my engine covers, they were very well made and look great, so I wouldn't be surprised or bothered if a few copied it.

The performance mods have proven to be a load of s**t, and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Nobody is likely to copy these.

Lexus lights and ITBs as previously mentioned are other good examples.