ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Social Event: DETAILS (now inc date!)

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^^me and al have book too, cool never raced a lady before hope your more gentler then the guys ;)

Maz

LY 200
I will end up watching too if I don't get my finger out and pay my money..

Gaz, no problem last over the finish line wins .. ha ha

Mk2 172 (Silver)
A reminder you have until this Friday to get money and emails to me!!

So far I've had only a handful of confirmations by email and nothing in the form of money!!

I cannot book this for you unless I have both!!

I wanted to guage interest at first but you guys wanted a definate date!! So you have a date and now there's no interest.

I need to confirm this with the kart track ASAP!!! If I don't get some kind of response then the event will be cancelled.

al

ST on the way...
Oh nooo!!!

If it is cancelled we'll probably make a weekend of it anyway, just without karting.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Thats an idea Al. But as the vote went for a daytime event rather than evening, and people wanted either karting or a trackday it made sense to build the event around that :(

There's still a few days for people to confirm, we'll just have to wait and see.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
I've had another phonecall this evening from the karting company as they have more interest from other parties in the date I have secured. If I don't get more interest from members in the next few days it will have to be cancelled, I've only got about 4 emails in total, have those of you that are intending on coming emailed me to confirm??

RB 182
i suppose its cos it works out quite a bit.

karting £45
Fuel prob rough same 4 some peeps(depending on distance)
Accomodation say £20 ish (if share)
Food/night out £50 ish

ur talking £150 for 1 night ,its quite a bit.

Last edited:
  RB 182
lol , thanks gaz!

Not trying 2 put a damper on things Em, and i can understand all the work u go 2 trying 2 organise things, it would be brill if something like this did happen. But its an expensive time of year coming up (only few months till xmas , need i say it) Its a shame the social wasnt for now really cos a huge camping meet would have been cool (eg. like the 3regions 1 this weekend) i do hope somthing happens tho, would like loads 2 get 2getha.

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Pootle will the night out still go ahead if the karting doesn't or will it all be cancelled ??

al

ST on the way...
There's nowt to stop us organising the night out ourselves anyway if it is cancelled.

Maz

LY 200
Were having a night out in Manchester in October and with this being so close to Christmas i would only be going to Brum if the social event went ahead tbh, your more than welcome to join us in Manchester in October too if you like :)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
crazy_kittyuk said:
i suppose its cos it works out quite a bit.

karting £45
Fuel prob rough same 4 some peeps(depending on distance)
Accomodation say £20 ish (if share)
Food/night out £50 ish

ur talking £150 for 1 night ,its quite a bit.
Thats true, but some people that posted in the original ideas thread wanted a trackday. That would cost a hell of a lot more than this!! Plus members were the ones that suggested karting!! Right from the beginning I said it would be November time, thats plenty of warning as the original thread was started back in February!!

If people don't want to do things as a club then thats fine by me, it's less on my plate to organise, but it was one of the things again suggested by members that they wanted to happen. Why should we in future go out of our way to bring things to members because their voicing off about something, then when you provide, they don't actually give a s**t!!

Have a look at all of the responses in the original thread. Where are all those people that wanted a daytime event/karting and a piss up?! :rolleyes:

Maz, the response for that again has been poor, so it's hard to make a judgement, I'll do that on Saturday when I give the karting company the final decision!

Maz

LY 200
^^ thanks Pootle, is there any point me paying my deposit for Karting with the way things are looking ?? its just im going into hospital on Thursday and don't want to miss out if there is a sudden flood of members wanting to participate :)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Maz I can't honestly say. But if everyone is holding off thats why I'm not getting any response. If people actually start booking and paying money then the thing will go ahead!!

Money can easily be refunded if it doesn't go ahead, but people actually need to book so that I know definate numbers!!