ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Social Event: DETAILS (now inc date!)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
There's still chance to email me and get on the list but remember I MUST have an email and the money for confirmation!!

There's currently about 15 people on the list.

is it worth getting a hotel booked then for this date as dont want to waste money if the event isant going ahead.

al

ST on the way...
Most of us have booked the travelodge in birmingham on broad street.

You can cancel up to 12pm on the day of arrival without forfeit.

al

ST on the way...
On in the city centre is probably better as it's within walking distance of all the bars etc.

Maz

LY 200
Havn't paid my money for karting yet, will just watch if its too late or meet up for the evening activities :)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Although there's about 15 people on the list, I've only had about 7 payments through, thats not enough to secure the booking unfortunately so it looks like the event is cancelled.

Quite disappointing from my point of view for the club :(

An email will go out this evening.

I'll put up a list this evening who I have money from, for those that have sent cheques I will send them back to you, and I'll send out cheques to repay those that have transferred money, as it's a long and winded process to transfer the money back online.

For those still wanting to go out in Birmingham you're more than welcome but arrangements will have to be made by yourselves, it is no longer a ClioSport event!

Emma

al

ST on the way...
TBH I don't think everyone has been given enough time and notification about this event.

i think its very poor that a club of this size can only get 7 people. Thanks for the all hard work that people have done to try and get this event going.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Al I agree, thats why I wanted numbers first, but people complained they couldn't commit without a date. So I gave them a date and thats still not good enough!!

It's always been happening about November, and I did warn people about a month ago or before to get money ready (although I agree an amount wasn't specified - but I couldn't give that until the event was booked!)

With karting they need a 50% deposit almost there and then to secure the booking, with so many members that like to say yes and then never pay I wasn't prepared to take the risk and end up losing so much of the clubs money!!
As it is, over half of the people that said they have sent money for this, haven't bothered!!

Club social events on a major scale have failed before because people are willing to shout opinions when asked and then not actually put the effort into attending, but I was willing to give it another go as it's something that was requested!!

It looks like large ClioSport events simply don't work with the members of ClioSport! :(

Mk2 172 (Silver)
subz said:
i think its very poor that a club of this size can only get 7 people. Thanks for the all hard work that people have done to try and get this event going.
And thank you to the members that did mail and send in their payments!! :D

al said:
TBH I don't think everyone has been given enough time and notification about this event.
Exactly. No way I can afford to give £40 odd quid within 2 weeks notice. Some of us aren't as rich as you renault sport owners :(

Mk2 172 (Silver)
For any that are still going up to Birmingham, the karting centre will have open races on the afternoon of the 25 November.

If anyone is interested you will need to book it yourselves but let me know if you do!

Cheques going out this weekend (sorry for the delay!)

Em